Universal Studios Orlando: Shows and Entertainment
Universal Studios Orlando on Amazon
More Than Just Riding the Movies
1. The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad Stunt Show: Watch as Sinbad sword fights, jumps and swings his way to defeat the evil witch. The live show takes place upon a make shift boat while the audience watches from the bleachers. The stunt men and actors do a tremendous job recreating a battle of mythic proportions. Fire, explosions and other special effects are all part of the show.
2. Poseidon's Fury: As you enter the Underground Temple a real Archeologist will guide you through this interactive tour. As you enter a cave, it is filled with water, lasers and fire. If you have ever wanted to be an Archeologist, this is a really cool experience. It's a fact filled adventure and yes it is okay to take pictures with a camera or a camera phone. The carvings, stone and cave areas look as real as it gets in this underworld.
3. Horror Make Up Show: This show has all the make-up and effects used in making scary movies. It is actually very scary to watch the make-up as it is being applied. The characters are made to look dead. The professional shows you how things are done when it comes to blood and gore and it looks as real as the movies. The horror show is very realistic. It shows the way they make people look dead or severely injured. The make up artists of the current day are so talented and the things that they do with makeup is truly amazing.
4. Animal Actors: Have you ever wondered how dogs, monkeys and even birds are trained to do stunts? Well, look no further, because it has a stunt show for animals right before your eyes. I like the bird that is trained to fly in place. The audience sits in bleachers and will watch the trainers as they work with the animals. On one part, a male and female monkey are dressed up in human clothes, and it is so cute to see them flirt with each other.
5. Beetle Juice Show: This show has Beetle Juice, Dead Zombies and a Werewolf dancing to tunes in a Graveyard. It is a little weird but, very entertaining nonetheless. I never did care for Beetle Juice but, that is just my personal preference. The music is loud and the audience sits in bleachers erected near a fake graveyard. The music is very freakish and the show is worth sitting through. Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice.
6. Blues Brothers Band: Watch a re-enactment of the singing from the hit film taking place in the Universal streets. Also, an Aretha Franklin look a like joins in on the fun as well. It lasts about 30 minutes and it takes place in the street. It's one of the best shows at the park so be sure and film it to show all your family and friends. It is lots of music and dancing but, it was quite a thrill seeing The Blues Brothers drive up in a police car to start th
7. Fear Factor Live: Watch a live taping of the hit show at select times and dates. Stunts and mind games that prayed on each contestant's biggest fear. If the contestant's survive each round then a cash prize is awarded at the end of the show.
8. Lucille Ball Tribute: This building has videos, music and memorabilia dedicated to Lucy and Ricky. It has large television screens that show funny clips from Lucy's hit sitcom on the tube. You can actually watch television clips and see memorabilia from the outside of the building but the inside takes you into Lucy's life.
9. The Mystic Fountain: Match wits with the stone fountain as it sprays water at you full speed. It's a fabulous area to take selfies or family pictures for the ultimate Orlando memories.
10. The Blue Man Group: It's comedy, that meets technology, with a twist that meets science in this music filled party. If you have never watched this before, I can say it's well worth the time to laugh and hear music.
11. Impact Wrestling: Wrestling is filmed live every Thursday inside of Universal Studios. It features all of your favorite impact wrestlers settling the score in the squared circle.
This park has air conditioning inside on most of the rides and misters throughout the rides lines and the park itself. Sit down Restaurants as well as fast food stops are located everywhere you turn.
Superstar Parade Show
The BeetleJuice Show
Which is Your Favorite?
Which is Your Favorite Universal Orlando Show?
Links To Florida
- Horrror Nights Orlando: A Trip To Dismember
This article is about Haunted Mansions in Orlando, Florida. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare on Elm Street and Saw are all documented in this Haunted House hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are featured in this hub.
- Cocoa Beach Florida
This article focuses on CoCo Beach which is located between Orlando and Cape Canaveral, Florida. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this blog. The beaches are sandy white and the atmosphere is relaxed.
- Universal Studios Orlando: A Wild Ride Through Hollywood
This article is about Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. This Theme park features rides that are unlike any that other parks offer. In this place you Ride the Movies. Jaws, Back to the Future, The Simpsons, Terminator, Men in Black and The Mummy
- Orlando Florida's Universal Studios
This article is about Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. It has around twenty rides based on Universal films. Jaws, Back-to-the Future, Shrek 4-D, Terminator 3D, Men In Black and The Simpson's are all featured in this hub. Pictures, you tube vide
- Glass Bottom Boat Trip
This article is about being on a Glass Bottom Boat, which is an amazing experience. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are featured in this hub. From the bottom of a glass bottom boat you get to see everything deep under the water.
Universal Studios constantly introduces new rides and new shows and events. They rarely take rides away but, they did take down the King Kong ride which really disappointed me. On the other hand, the park has produced many rides over the last ten years averaging at least one new ride per season.
With the technology as advanced as it is today, the rides just keep getting more advanced, more graphic and even more realistic. It's exciting to see the changes from year to year.
Please feel free to leave your comments about your experience at Universal Studios, in the comments capsule at the bottom of this hub.
© 2012 Buster Johnson