Walt Disney World Height Requirements for Rides and Attractions
How Tall Do You Have To Be To Ride The Disney Rides?
Walt Disney wanted to create thene parks where families could enjoy rides and attractions together. The Disney theme parks are different from your local fair or carnival in that there are no rides where the parent stands off to the side watching the child ride. Each of the four Disney theme park will have many rides and attractiosn that everyone can do, even if you're travelling with a baby.
On the other hand, there are some rides or attractions that have height restriction and it can be heartbreaking when a child is looking forward to a certain attraction, only to arrive and find that he/she is not tall enough to ride. To avoid that situation we've compiled a list of height requirements for the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks so that you can set the right expectations before you go. The height requirements are strictly enforced and this is for your child's safety. The great thing is that the height is with shoes on so that can help a child that's right at a certain height.
If a Disney ride is not listed (for example, "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" or "Kilmanjaro Safari"), you can assume that there is not an age or height limit to worry about.
All photos are my own. (c)Stephen Johnson.
What Rides Can My Child Ride at the Walt Disney World Theme Parks?
Height Resrictions at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom Theme Parks
You must be at least 52" (132cm) to ride:
* Magic Kingdom / Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
* Typhoon Lagoon / Bay SlideDisneyQuest
You must be at least 51" (130cm) to ride:
* DisneyQuest / Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlaster
* DisneyQuest / Cyberspace Mountain
You must be at least 48" (122cm) to ride:
* Animal Kingdom / Primeval Whirl
* Blizzard Beach / Summit Plummet
* Blizzard Beach / Downhill Double Dipper
* DisneyQuest / Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam
* Disney's Hollywood Studios / Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
* Typhoon Lagoon /Humunga Kowabunga
* Typhoon Lagoon / Crush 'n' Gusher
You must be at least 44" (112cm) to ride:
* Animal Kingdom / Expedition Everest
* Epcot / Mission:Space
* Magic Kingdom / Space Mountain
You must be at least 40" (102cm) to ride:
* Animal Kingdom / Dinosaur
* Disney's Hollywood Studios / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
* Disney's Hollywood Studios / Star Tours
* Epcot / Soarin'
* Epcot / Test Track
* Magic Kingdom / Stitch's Great Escape
* Magic Kingdom / Splash Mountain
* Magic Kingdom / Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
You must be at least 38" (97cm) to ride:
* Animal Kingdom / Kali River Rapids
* Magic Kingdom / Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
You must be at least 35" (89cm) to ride:
* Magic Kingdom / The Great Goofini (formerly Goofy's Barnstormer)
You must be at least 32" (8297cm) to ride:
* Blizzard Beach / Chairlift
You must be at least 3 years old to ride:
* Epcot / Maelstrom (Norway Pavilion)
Only children under 48" in height may enjoy these attractions:
* Blizzard Beach / Tyke's Peak
* Typhoon Lagoon / Ketchakiddee Creek
This is the Disney Cruise guide we offer free to all of our cruise clients - including you, when you book your cruise with BuildABetterMouseTrip.com
Are you headed to Walt Disney World? Do you remember being just a little too short to ride an attraction? We'd love to hear about it. We're also happy to answer your questions about Disneyworld.