What I Did on My Two Week Cruise Vacation Through the Panama Canal
Details of my activities on the Coral Princess cruise ship on a 2 week cruise!
I have just returned from a two week cruise vacation through the Panama Canal with the Princess Cruise line.
We left on April 6th from Fort Lauderdale, Florida and ended up two weeks later in Los Angeles, California on April 20. So many people that I know tell me they can't imagine spending two weeks on a cruise ship. They look at me wide eyed and ask if I was bored. I tell them I was not bored for even one moment.
Here's a list of what I did during the cruise and as you can see, I was quite busy, and enjoyed every minute of my cruise experience:
* Attended a sailaway party on the top deck of the cruise ship as it sailed out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
* Visited the cruise port of Oranjestad in Aruba where I walked around town and shopped in local stores and took pictures of the unique architecture.
* Visited Cartegena, Columbia where I took an excursion to the naval museum inside the old city, saw local men and women perform traditional Columbian dances, and also shopped for gifts and souvenirs in a local craft center.
* Attended a Champagne Waterfall Party complete with free champagne and hors d'oeuvres.
* Spent 9 hours crossing through the Panama Canal from the Caribbean Sea to the Pacific Ocean.
* Visited Panama City, Panama and took a cruise excursion which included a visit to the Gatun Locks to watch a ship pass through the locks there, and also an Eco jungle cruise on Gatun Lake, one of the largest man-made lakes in the world.
* Visited Costa Rica where I took a train ride through the countryside view how native Costa Ricans live, as well as taking another Eco - cruise through a mangrove swamp on a local river. Also shopped local crafts created by various vendors along the coastline.
* Ate fresh watermelon and pineapple from Costa Rica.
* Saw the following types of wildlife: three different families of Howler monkeys, two crocodiles, two sloths, eight bats sleeping on a log, four mud crabs, pelicans, blue herons, four different dolphin pods who followed the ship and jumped over the waves created as the ship passed by.
* Saw the following six movies: "Parental Guidance," "Silver Linings Playbook," "Midnight in Paris," "Anna Karenina," "This Means War," "Letters to Juliet."
* Went to three lectures on the Panama Canal, Aruba, and Columbia.
* Saw two documentaries about the making of the Panama Canal.
* Read the books, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage," " Fifty Shades Freed," and The Self Publishing Manual." The last book convinced me not to self publish!
* Completed nine crossword puzzles.
* Wrote two articles for online publication.
* Wrote and published six blog entries for my personal blog.
* Attended four Broadway style musical productions.
* Went to see two different comedians in three different shows.
* Went to an illusionist show.
* Went to a classical music concert.
* Played television trivia with other cruise passengers.
* Shopped at a cruise sale where all items were 15% off and bought an amazing travel bag.
* Entered a daily contest and won a Princess Cruises flashlight key chain.
* Worked out ten times on a treadmill in the ship's gym, walking 14.75 miles.
* Burned 1,301 calories on the treadmill.
* Participated in an, " On Deck for the Cure Walk for Breast Cancer."
* Played ring toss over champagne bottles game. (Unfortunately I did not win!)
* Played a seventies music trivia game with other passengers.
* Went dancing with my husband.
* Ate 5 star meals nine nights in the cruise ship dining room.
* Ate a dinner at a 5 star Italian restaurant.
* Attended a party where I met the ship's captain and crew and had free drinks and snacks!
* Swam in the ship's pool multiple times.
* Used the ship's hot tub with my husband.
* Soaked up some sun by the ship pool five times....
And I had a very relaxing, educational and enjoyable vacation! Cruising is my very favorite way to take a vacation...no worries about directions, renting a car, finding places to stay, or moving from place top place and unpacking and repacking more than once.Do you enjoy cruising? Have you ever been on a cruise?
Cruise Activity Poll
Which of the activities I did would you most like to do on a cruise?
More Hubs About Cruises
- I'm a Cruise Fanatic: 15 reasons I Love Cruising
I have cruised on Princess cruise lines, Norweigian cruise lines and Holland America Cruise lines. I am now addicted to cruising vacations and this article gives explains my top 15 reasonswhy.
- Norwegian Epic Cruise Ship: A Photo Essay
Many photos of the unique cruise ship, the Norwegian Epic. This ship cruises the Eastern Caribbean and Europe.
- Cruise Ship Review: The Sapphire Princess
The Sapphire Princess is a gorgeous cruise ship with friendly staff, delicious food, and a wonderful décor.
- Cruises Can Be Romantic Vacations For Couples
Cruises are the most romantic vacations in existence. 16 romantic cruise activities are outlined in this article. Especially good for couples looking for romantic vacation ideas.
Want to Become a Writer for Hub Pages? Click here to Sign up For Free!
HubPages is your online space to share your advice, reviews, useful tips, opinions and insights with hundreds of other authors. HubPages is completely free, and you can even earn online ad revenue!