Packing For A Tropical Vacation
Cool White Denim And Blue Accessories
Have fun packing and most of all planning!
- I have heard it said that a half of the enjoyment is the planning and excitement of preparing to venture out, on the road less travelled.
- Below are many ideas for sets of clothing that could be worn together.
Pattern Mix Can Give Your Clothing A New Dimension.
Red and Blue is really a holiday colour
- Clothing that adds colour and practicality to your wardrobe is a must.
- A few pieces here and there that are isolated in nature and theme are useless.
- Your choices should overlap into various combinations so you have so much more to wear, at the end of the day.
Shell Graphic Bags
Neon Look For That Cruise To The Caribbean Islands
Bright Colours Enhance Your Mood.
- Whimsical dots
- Gingham checks
- Hippy Style Bag
- Colourful phone cases and key chains, to complete your colourful wardrobe!
Bright beachwear for that tropical vacation!
Chic Beach Dress . Black And White Graphic Design
Planning Well Ahead For A Tropical Holiday
- Before you set off on an exotic island trip, jot down some of the things you are planning to pack, according to the weather conditions you will encounter and the activities you will be participating in
- Packing too many items that you will never wear is also not a good idea, either.
- Plan some colour schemes for clothing and shoes.
- Too many colours equals too many clothes and shoes.
- A basic colour scheme can be added to easily.
Colourful Holiday Clothes
Tropical Tee Shirt and Sneakers
Vacation Hats, Bags and Sunglasses
Chic Beach Accessories
Blue Shell Bag And Sun Hat
- I really love this navy blue beach bag with a photo of shells on it.
- Fun wide brimmed sun hat that really looks chic.
- Snazzy sunglasses complete the look.
- If you are feeling creative you can have inter changeable ribbon bands on you hat, in different colours, to suit your clothing.
Cool Blue Teal Hand Dyed Batik Tee And White Shorts
Some Important Items To Pack In Your Travel Bag
The one thing that people forget is how hot a tropical beach will be!
1. Remember to take a couple of pairs of sunglasses, in case the one is mislaid or breaks.
2. Sunscreen and enough of it , especially waterproof ones. Some people are allergic to the perfumes in some of the lotions, so test before you go on holiday.
3. Hats and peaks are a must. Natural fibres are best as they will keep you cooler.
4. Sarongs in a variety of colours are useful for the beach. Many of them you will be able to purchase at the local markets.
5. Soft cotton tee shirts in light colours are a must for your shorts and skirts.
6. Plenty of underclothes..who wants to do a lot of laundry?
7. Lovely flowing shifts for cocktail evenings or show's at that tropical beach cafe.
8. Good shoes for walking and flip flops, for that hot sandy beach.
9. A wind breaker can help ward off the flash tropical showers too.
10. Your bathing costume and another bikini in case you swim twice. Lovely big beach towel for your lazy day on the beach will be so useful.
11. If you have prescription medicines that you take / Don't forget to pack them along with a prescription, in case you run out.
12.Remember your camera or your cam corder for the fabulous scenic shots to take back to your family and friends.
Cute Bathing Suit And Beach accessories
Hats Are A Must
♥ Sun protection is so important when visiting a tropical paradise. A good wide brimmed hat will give you the shade you need from the hot noon day sun.
♥ The problem with wearing a peak is that it does not cover the top of the head , where the protection is most needed.
A Touch Of Yellow And Blue
Fresh Yellow With Blue
- This scheme above is very eye catching and frivolous in nature. They are the colours that holidays are made of. Sunshine and sea!
- Make sure your vacation wardrobe is fun, happy and practical at the same time.
- Just adding a belt in a contrasting colour can be just effective and create a chic look.
Cool White Dresses
White Keeps You Feeling Fresh And Cool
- Enjoy wearing crisp white clothing for a cool colour that reflects the sun and does not absorb it.
- Love cheese cloth in white as it never needs to be ironed and is so soft and cool to the skin.
- Grass woven beach bags and leather sandals to match, look good with the above colour scheme too.
Bright Graphic Art Beach Bag
Whimsical Top For Summer
- Great top for those hot sultry days on the islands. Remember to wear your hat, flip flops and sun screen, as the sun can be fierce.
- Remember to smooth some sunscreen on your arms and shoulders too.
- This cotton top will go well with shorts in denim or cotton. Wear with a skirt too for a stroll to the market.
Freedom Butterfly Art Shirt
If You Have Room In Your Case / Pack Snorkeling Gear
We have often packed our goggles and flippers at the bottom of our suitcase. It saved us a lot of cash as we did not have to rent them from the diving or charter company.
Soft Colourful Sarongs Or Beach Wraps..A Must For Hot Beach Days
Many Ways To Wear One Sarong
- Whether you want to wear your wrap over your bikini, or cover up more, to go to the the local shop or diner. There are many creative ways to tie it.
- You can even use it to cover a window that is lacking on the curtain front.
Fun Holiday Fashion In Lilac
- Love blue and white stripes for summer. They are so versatile.
- Batik top in indigo and white for an island feel.
- The powder blue tee shirt is a batik one that I hand printed
Cool Blue Tee Shirts And Top
Mahe Island Seychelles
Remember to leave some cash to purchase some sarongs or colourful tops at the markets, rather than pack them.
How To Wrap Your Sarong Or Pareo
© 2016 Diana Abrahamson