What is there to do in Lancaster, PA ?
Lancaster is mainly known for their Amish cultural background of handmade Amish goods (which are so beautiful) , buggy rides, and farm tours. There is so much more to it though.
The night life in Lancaster is better then what a lot of people would expect. There are your typical classy establishments
- Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
- Checkers Bistro
- Taproom Spring House Brewing Company
- Lancaster Brewing Company
- Spring House Brewing Company
- Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant
GLBT friendly bars and restaurants
- Tally-Ho Tavern
- The Belvedere inn
- Sundown Lounge
Now if your there for the day time your bound to have a great time as well don't worry, there is a ton to do like :
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania
- Lancaster Museum of Art
- Hands-on House Children Museum of Lancaster
- Landis Wood Park
- Lancaster County Central Park
- Conewago Recreation Park
- Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center
My list could go on and on of amazing things to do here in Lancaster, PA but I'll let you do some exploring of your own.
Here are some fun facts about Lancaster,
- Did you know that the first pretzel bakery was established in Lancaster, PA in 1861.
- Lancaster was originally called Hickory Town.
- Lancaster was the capital of the United States for only one day on, September 27, 1777.
- There is over 81 things to do in Lancaster.
- When driving in Lancaster you can see many Amish riding in their carriages rather then in cars.
If you do decide to visit here are some nice resorts that i would recommend staying at,
- DoubleTree Resort of Hilton
- They welcome you with a fresh oatmeal cookie, they have an amazing restaurant ,gym, and they also have an indoor pool.
2. Eden Resort & Suites
- Indoor and outdoor pool, kids splash area, gym , and restaurant.
Getting around is not difficult you can call an uber or call for a cab which usually these resorts can help you if you need any help.
Are you more likely to go after reading this article?
many places here have pools
you will be doing lots of walking
it gets very hot in the summertime
trust me there is lots of places to take pictures of (be respectful of the Amish who don't appreciate taking pictures)
casual clothing/ loose fitting
better to be comfortable while touring
you canget headaches from being in the sun too long
just in case, for all the things your going to want to buy
don't want to get sunburned
© 2019 andrea lemus