What to Know About UAE Family Residence Visa 2018
Getting a family residence visa in UAE is imperative for expatriates and their dependents if they decide on living for more extended periods in the country. According to the updated Visa Laws for the year 2018, a procedure has been defined that will allow the foreign community to access residence privileges through hassle-free UAE visa process.
All charges, fees, deposits, and guarantees will be handled through verified typing centers where the applicant’s official documents will be processed. The following are the list of documents required from the applicant for UAE family visa.
- Color passport copies and passport size photographs in white background of family members
- Original passport and Emirates ID card of the sponsor. The applicant’s attested birth certificate and marriage certificate (if the sponsor is married) from issuing authority, home country’s UAE embassy and from foreign affairs in UAE.
- Applicant’s original EJARI certificate, tenancy contract with last paid electricity bill is required.
- A minimum AED 4000 salary contract or AED 3000 + accommodation contract is required. The contract will be printed from TASHEEL center; however, no attestation is required.
- The original salary certificate is required if the sponsor is an employee of the government, semi-government or works in free zone jurisdiction.
- IBAN of the applicant with stamped and signed bank account statement of last three months.
1. What Happens after Approval After Approval?
The approval will be confirmed through SMS on the sponsor’s registered number. After confirmation, the sponsor will visit the immigration office GDRFA where the process will be completed, and a white color visa will be sent to the applicant’s email address.
2. What is Pink Color Visa?
A temporary visa, also known as Pink Visa is given to those travelers who need clearance from immigration. Pink Visa does not require any additional charges.
3. What are the Visa Charges for LLC Applicants?
Visa fees are paid at an authorized Typing Center. The charges include AED 360 for visa fee and AED 210 for file opening. Sponsors belonging to government, semi-government or free zone jurisdictions will pay AED 310 for visa application.
4. How Much Time is Allowed to Dependents for Entering UAE?
After visa has been issued, the dependents of the sponsor are required to enter any state of UAE within 60 days. If the dependents fail to enter UAE within 60 days, the visa must be renewed against renewal charges of AED 360.
5. What Happens After Entering UAE?
A medical fitness test must be completed by the visa holders along with his/her Emirates ID and visa stamping process within 60 days of entrance. This must be completed in an authorized Typing Center.
6. What Happens if Dependents Already Inside UAE?
An additional AED 1030 is required from the sponsor is the dependents are already inside the country on visit visa or tourist visa.
7. What is Status Change Fee?
An SMS or Email will be forwarded to the sponsor after he/she has paid AED 1030. Following successful approval, the applicant must type ‘Status Change’ form through an authorized typing center. The Status Change form will cost AED 510.
8. What Must the Sponsor Do After Status Change?
The applicant is required to collect status change proof from any nearest Immigration branch after showing the original receipt, passport, and visa of the dependents. The applicant will then type Emirates ID, Medical and visa Stamping form from typing center once the status change proof has been received from immigration desk.
9. What is Required if Sponsor is Mother?
If the sponsor of the family is a mother, then a NOC will be required from the husband. An attested NOC letter is required from husband by UAE embassy of the home country and from MoFA in UAE if he is not present in UAE.
10. What if Applicant is an Investor or Partner?
If the sponsor is a shareholder or partner, then a few additional documents will be required as well. These requirements include a deposit of AED 3020 for each family member, a copy of trade license, list of partners and an LLC agreement of minimum AED 70,000 worth shares.
11. Can Sponsor Apply Through a UAE Consultancy Agency?
There are numerous consultancy agencies in UAE which offer a wide range of visa services at affordable rates. The sponsor can look on the internet and read reviews before selecting a service agency.
© 2017 Martin