Where To Find The Right Entertainment In Chicago?
Try Using The #3 "P" When You're Looking For Entertainment
It's very important when you're looking for entertainment that you look at these 3 "P" to help you find the right entertainment. If you're like most people trying to find a good deals or a great place to spend your time or checkout the reviews of the performances that are on you're watch list. These three helpful hints down below will definitely help you make the right decision.
- Prices- Make sure you get the best deals possible by comparing sites and cost
- Places- Does this place provide the right atmosphere and meet your entertainment needs
- Performances- The previews or reviews speaks for themselves whether they're good or bad
It's No Secret: Entertainment is considered a big part of the revenue for many cities. When people want to have fun and enjoy themselves, they go out and try new places and performances. However, price is the number one factor here everyone wants to get a great deal on their money. The world wide web is the key place to find tickets and deals but which one should you try, I suggest trying all the websites and the box offices that offer tickets.
Get The Most Bang For Your Buck
Here are some popular websites that you should try when you're looking for tickets.
- Ticket Master
- Vivid Seats
- Live Nation
- Hot Tix
- Stub Hub
Quick Tip: Try looking for a performances on the same day you might get a great deal that way because most production companies cut their prices in half, especially if it's not in high-demand. Why does this happen? because they haven't sold enough seats yet, so they have to take a price-cut to meet the company needs. From time-to-time the theaters or clubs box offices will offer deep discounts to compete with their online competitors.
A Quick Clip Of Comedian Jeff Dunham
If you're in the mood to laugh than checkout there's local places that might put a huge smile on your face. Try going to anyone of these places so you could laugh out loud.
- Laugh Factory 3175 N. Broadway St., Chicago, IL 60657 (773) 327-3175 Hrs(7p.m.-12a.m.)
- The Annoyance Theatre & Bar 851 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago, IL 60657 (773) 697-9693 Hrs(7p.m.-2a.m.)
- Zanies Comedy Club 1548 N. Wells St., Chicago, IL 60610 (312) 337-4027 Hrs(10a.m.-9p.m.)
- Comedy Sportz 929 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago, IL 60657 (773) 549-8080 Hrs(12p.m.-6p.m.)
- The Second City 1616 N. Wells St., Chicago, IL 60614 (312) 337-3992 Hrs(9a.m.-9p.m.)
- iO 3541 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60657 (773) 880-0199 Hrs(7p.m.-2a.m.)
- Up Comedy Club 230 W. North Ave., Chicago, IL 60614 (312) 662-4562 Hrs(9a.m.-9p.m.)
Quick Tip: Most of the opening and closing times are able to change at any time so please make sure you call beforehand.
A Quick Clip Of The Show Fake Off
Which Entertainment Do You Prefer Trying?
The Performing Arts
Most people love watching drama and going to the theatre houses to find the best title to meet their entertainment needs. Finding the local theatres is quite easy and here are some good choices you should try.
- Goodman Theatre 170 N. Dearborn St., Chicago, IL 60601 (312) 443- 3800 Hrs(12p.m.-7p.m.)
- Oriental Theatre 24 W. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601 (312) 977-1700 Hrs(10a.m.-6p.m.)
- Cadillac Place Theatre 151 W. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601 (312) 384-1504 Hrs(10a.m.-6p.m.)
- Bank of America Theatre 18 W. Monroe St., Chicago, IL 60603 (312) 977-1700 Hrs(12p.m.-6p.m.)
- Chicago Theatre 175 N. State St., Chicago, IL 60601 (312) 335-1650 Hrs(12p.m.-6p.m.)
- Broadway Play House Theatre 175 E. Chestnut St., Chicago, IL 60601 (312) 595-5600 Hrs(10a.m.-7p.m.)
- Chicago Shakespeare Theatre 800 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611 (312) 977-1700 Hrs(12p.m.-7:30p.m.)
- Steppen Wolf Theatre Co. 1650 N. Halsted St., Chicago, IL 60614 (312) 335-1650 Hrs(10a.m.-5p.m.)
- Harris Theatre 205 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601 (312) 443-7777 Hrs(12p.m.-6p.m.)
Quick Tip: Review the times of each venue because they're able to change at any time.
Classical Music or Dance
Chicago offer some great listening pleasures for those of you's who love to hear the classical music or jazz concerts but they also offer some fantastic dance performances. Here is a list of some places you should checkout.
- Civic Opera House 20 N. Upper Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL 60606 (312) 419-0033
- Symphony Center 220 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60604 (312) 294-3000
- Auditorium Building 50 E. Congress Parkway., Chicago, IL 60605 (312) 341- 2310
Quick Tip: If your driving into the city and need to find parking be prepared to pay a lot because parking downtown Chicago is very expensive.
Here Are Some Reliable Transportation
Walking To Find
Rental Or Your Own
Finding the right night life is like flipping a coin. They are always two side to a coin. One side of the coin could be saying let's try the rooftop scene while the other side of the coin could be saying the bar scene is the way to go.
Let's say you flipped the coin and it landed on the rooftops side. Most rooftops provides their guests with a beautiful ambience with the view of the city's skyline and restaurant quality food and if that's the experience you're looking for than go for it.
And let's say you had second thoughts about that first flip of the coin which wasn't right for you and you'd tried to flip the coin a second time and it landed on the bars side. Chicago has some elegant local bars where you could have a drink and chill with family or friends and maybe try their food too. The choice is really up to you and the people you're hanging with. Here is a list some places you might like to checkout.
- Kingston Mines 2548 N. Halsted St., Chicago, IL (773) 477-4646( Blues Club)
- Baton Show Lounge 436 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL (312)664-5269 & Cabaret 632 N. Dearborn St., (312) 266-1944 ( Cabaret Clubs)
- The Redhead Piano Bar 16 W. Ontario St., Chicago, IL (312) 640-1000 ( Piano Bars)
- Palladium & Castle 632 N. Dearborn St., Chicago, IL (312)266-1944 (Dance Clubs)
- Downtown Bar & Lounge 440 N. State., Chicago, IL (312)464-1400 & Sanctuary 632 N. Dearborn St., Chicago, IL (312)226-1944 & Club Lucky 1824 W. Wabansia St., Chicago, IL (773)227- 2300 (Cocktail Lounges)
- Roof The Wit 201 N. State St., Chicago, IL (312)239-9502
- The Dec 160 E. Pearson St., Chicago, IL (312) 573-5160
- Drumbar 201 E. Delaware Place., Chicago, IL (312) 943-5000
- Studio Paris 59 W. Hubbard St., Chicago, IL (312) 595-0800
- Vertigo Sky Lounge 2 W. Erie St., Chicago, IL (312) 202-6060
- Terzo Piano 159 E. Monroe St., Chicago, IL (312) 443-8650
- The Twisted Spoke 501 N. Ogden Ave., Chicago, IL (312) 666-1500
- Shanghai Terrace 108 E. Superior St., Chicago, IL (312) 573-6744
- Fountainhead 1970 W. Montrose Ave., Chicago, IL (773) 697-8204
- The J. Parker 1816 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL (312) 254-4747
- Rock Bottom Brewery 1 W. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL (312) 755-9339
Quick Tip: if you need more information on rooftops bars than try using hotspots.com
The arenas and stadiums in Chicago offer amazing concerts, games, circus, and ice skating performances. People from all over the world come here to enjoy good entertainment. Here's a few places you should try to meet the right entertainment needs.
- United Center 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612 (312) 455-7516
- Wrigley Field 1060 W. Addison St., Chicago, IL 60613 (773) 388-8270
- U.S Celluar Field 333 W. 35th St., Chicago, IL 60601 (312) 674-1000
- Soldiers Field Stadium 1410 S. Museum Campus Dr., Chicago, IL 60605 (312) 325-7000
- Allstate Arena 6920 Mannheim Rd., Rosemont, IL 60018 (847) 635-6601
Quick Tip: Most of the arenas and stadiums have new rules. They won't allow women or men to bring in big bags inside anymore due to new safety rules. You must bring a small clutch purse or pouch inside. The smartest thing to do here is just bring cash, credit card or debit card and photo I.D.
Here Are Some More Articles That You Might Want To Checkout
- If You're Traveling To Chicago And Need Some Help Finding Places To Visit Then Look No Further.
Allow me to be your personal guide in helping you find what you're looking for in this great city, Chicago!
- Mark Your Calendar Each Year For These Annual Events In Chicago.
Chicago's most popular events!
- The Top 7 Places You Might Want To Take Your Kids To See And Do!If You're Visiting Chicago Or Any Su
I highly recommend these 7 indoor places!!