- Travel and Places»
- Visiting North America
YeeHa Bob Jackson Entertains at Disneys Port Orleans Riverside Resort
You're in for a fun evening with YeHaa Bob Jackson's Piano Sing-Along
Are you ready to try something new on your next trip to Walt Disney World? If you'd like to do something fun without having to purchase a special ticket, check out Bob Jackson- who leads a great boogie-woogie sing-along at the River Roost Lounge in Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort. This can be a great way to spend an evening if the weather is bad or the theme parks are just too crowded to be fun. Disney hires a lot of really great people but Bob stands out even in that high caliber group.
All photos are my own. (c)Stephen Johnson.
Here's what to expect from YeeHaw Bob's Boogie Woogie Sing-Along at the River Roost Lounge - Bob Jackson Performs Several Nights A Week at Disneyworld's Port Or
Do you like to have fun but you aren't quite brave enough for Karaoke? Then Bob Jackson's piano sing-along might just be perfect for you because Bob has a lot of talent... you (and everyone else) just have to sing along!
The atmosphere is fun and energetic. It might not appeal to the very dignified but is probably perfect for people who enjoy a good time and who don't take themselves too seriously. You'll get to beat your chest and yell, "Charge!" at the end of a bugle call, and you might get to do the hand-jive, or swing your arms in your best Elvis style. Did you ever watch "Cheers" or do you have some kind of vague idea of a friendly Irish pub? That gives you something of what to expect.
Schedule: Bob Jackson is usually at the River Roost Lounge Tuesday through Saturday nights and plays from 8:30PM - Midnight. Keep in mind that the schedule is subject to change. I've included the link to his current schedule at the end of this article.
- Expect a tall man in brightly colored pants playing a ragtime piano and leading songs that everybody knows - songs like Hey, Jude; Piano Man; I Got You, Babe; Sweet Caroline, and The Addams Family theme song. He's an energetic performer with a gift for encouraging audience participation.
- Bob signs autographs, poses for photos, and seems genuinely interested in every person who comes up to say hello during the intermissions. He has quite a knack for remembering names and including people in the fun. It doesn't matter where you're from, everyone in the room will yell "Me Too!" when you name your hometown.
- The show is family-friendly. Often, there are several kids present until about the second intermission. The River Roost has a bar but this is Disney and most folks behave accordingly. The wait staff are available for drink orders but there was no pressure. I recently purchased two sodas over the course of the evening and that didn't seem to be unusual. It is probably a good idea to tip very generously if, like me, you are there for several hours. There is a no smoking policy at the River Roost Lounge.
- Cost: no admission charge, no cover charge.
- You do not have to stay at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort to come and enjoy this activity. If you drive, just tell the gatekeeper that you're going to be visiting the resort for a few hours and they'll direct you to the visitors parking area.
You can take a bus from any of the Disney theme parks to Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort. The resort shares a bus with "Disney's Port Orleans - French Quarter" Resort so don't get off the bus too early. If you're feeling unsure, ask the driver to tell you when you should exit.
You can also take a boat from the Downtown Disney Entertainment & Shopping District to Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort.
- If you want to take the fun home with you, there are five different CD's available for about $10 each.
- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort used to be called Disney's Dixie Landings Resort.
Bob Jackson's Performance Schedule - When will Bob Jackson be performing at the River Roost Lounge at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando Florida?
- YeHaa Bob Jackson's Monthly Calendar of Show Dates and Times
Here's where you go to find out if YeHaw Bob Jackson will be performing during your Disney vacation. This schedule is updated at the beginning of each month.
Did you know?
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter resorts used to be known together as "Disney Dixie Landings Resort".
Do you know about the Free Campfire Sing-Along with Chip & Dale - Fun character meet & greet activity at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground
- Campfire Sing-Along with Chip & Dale Information.
There is a free Campfire Sing-Along with Chip & Dale at the WDW Fort Wilderness Campground held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. They show a Disney movie on an outdoor screen after the sing-along. Click the link for all the in
Have you heard Bob Jackson? Are you hoping to go to the sing-along on your next Disney vacation? We'd love to hear about it.