Your Bucket List Musts
" We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round." - Edward Cole, The Bucket List (2007)
Let's face it, we all have bucket lists or to do's before we die. The question is, how do we go about doing it? This is a dilemma that I face on a regular basis. The answer? You just do it, cliche, but true.
I have a plethora of personal items that I want to accomplish, from as simple as eating marrow bone to finally getting my skydiving certificate. Marrow bones may not seem like a big deal to you, but I keep thinking about what it is, so this will be a challenge. My skydiving certificate has been on hold because, let's face it, jumping out of a perfectly good airplane still frightens me. The fact that it's better than sex is a plus. Here are some other things that I want to try and maybe you'll find one or two to add to your list. These are in no particular order.
1. Zero Gravity - This is where you're on an airplane and it simulates the weightlessness you would find in space. The only thing about this one that frightens me a little is that it's called the "vomit comet".
2. Shark Diving - This is the only one that I'm not 100% sure that I could see it through. Very Scary.
3. Snowboarding - My son does it and I want to do it with him.
4. Halo Jump - This is where you skydive from 35,000 feet. You wear a full body suit that includes oxygen. How so very cool!
5. Richard Petty Driving Experience - This one you drive a NASCAR race car just like a pro. Thank god I'm insured.
6. Deep Sea Fishing - I just want have my picture taken with a fish that's bigger than I am.
7. France, Spain and Italy - I'm a sucker for the languages, wine and casual lifestyle.
8. African Safari - I think that one is just a given in my position.
9. Eating things that I don't feel should be eaten - I have food issues so that should be interesting. I mean, Rocky Mountain Oysters, really?
10. The Skydiving Certificate - This one is like a cloud hanging over my head. It must be finished.
I have so many things that I want to do and I hope that by my doing you will begin to check somethings off your list. Until then, start writing out your list and hopefully I'll see you at 13,000 feet!