- Travel and Places
Overseas Adventure Travel
Hello from an Adventure Travel Fanatic!
What meant by adventure travel?
Adventure travel plays an important role in helping us make a positive difference to our world. It helps us to play our part in ensuring that the beautiful places we visit are not exploited but protected.
It is about traveling thoughtfully, and with a purpose. Adventure travelers want to learn more about the people who live in amazing places around the world, and they want to see what they can give back to help these people protect their culture and environment.
Adventure travel is Fighting Back
Mass tourism has played a huge part in damaging some of the most vulnerable and beautiful places on Earth, and adventure travel is fighting back! It is responsible travel, thoughtful travel, it is travel that ensures that we preserve the world for our children to enjoy.
But do not doubt that overseas adventure travel is a great deal of fun and exciting, and that it makes dreams come true. This is about seeing the real world, as it is, and keeping it safe because it is in an extremely vulnerable state.
Thank you so much for visiting.
Do visit our brand new site: Adventure Travel Shop
Please vote before you go on
What is your dream adventure holiday?
Some books are full of guidance and advice, others are designed to inspire and give you ideas for future travel plans. But I love this book because it is beautiful and full of gorgeous, thrilling images. My friend gave me it as a gift, and I treasure it!
100% of people gave this book 5 star Amazon rating so I am not alone!
Adventure Travel Companies
Why use a one?
This is about common sense, common sense and forethought. It may be that you are an experienced traveler, and quite used to going to places that are off the beaten track. But, what if you're not? Does it mean that you're stuck with following the hoards?
Some advantages of going on a holiday with a leading adventure travel company:
- They are very exciting, educational and in many cases life changing.
- A good travel company will take the risk element out of your travels.
- Saving Money: I recently read some startling statistics that show that a 5th of all UK holidays makers overspend by an average of £600 when they are on holiday, and so are often forced to cut their holiday short by 2 days out of 7! Also, statistics show that people are willing to get into debt in order to have an annual holiday, and many find that they are paying back what they have borrowed from family and friends months after they get back. Wouldn't that prospect put any one off even thinking about going on a trip?
- In my experience it is prudent to plan any trip in advance and to seek professional help and advice. That's what these companies are set up to do.
- Obviously, the cheapest holiday you can go on is one where you travel on a budget flight and stay with a friend or family, but what happens when you want to go somewhere further afield? That can be much more complicated, especially if you are a less experienced traveler. Going abroad without having considered, in detail, how you will pay for your everyday needs is risky and you could make some very expensive mistakes and pay over the odds for things. You could be putting yourself in a vulnerable position as it only takes one thing to go wrong to find yourself in big trouble. Being broke and abroad is not an easy thing to manage. Travel companies take all this hassle out of your trip!
- Companies like G Adventures or Intrepid Travel are experts in these issues and know what people want and need from their holidays and they ensure that they deliver total satisfaction.That’s why their customers return to them year after year. If you visit their websites (find links below) you'll see how happy their customers are. This is because the companies know how to give people the best holiday for them and at the right price.
- They offer well thought out trips that are planned in advance and they will not cost a penny more than the set budget, there are no hidden costs or nasty surprises!
- And most importantly they have some absolutely fantastic adventure holidays all over the world!
Amazing Adventure Travel Companies
- Adventure Travel Shop
Inspirational overseas adventure travel. Travel designed to protect our beautiful planet.
How Comes Adventure Travel is Booming?
Adventure Travel is booming and when you look at what the companies offer it's not difficult to see why:
- They steer clear of mass tourism and impersonal holiday resorts that have played such a huge part in ruining some of the world's most beautiful places.
- They employ expert guides that care about you and the people and places you visit - guides who will give you a more personal experience. For example, they know authentic places to eat and they will take you off the beaten track in safety. Very often they live in the host country and have access to places that ordinary tourists don't, so they will ensure that you experience the holiday of a lifetime!
- Adventure travel does not mean putting yourself in any danger. These holidays can include doing daring things like sky diving or swimming with sharks, and the companies will help you plan the best activity holidays in the world. But adventure travel is really all about getting up close to real places and real people. You will meet great people who will probably become lifelong friends, and you will certainly catch the travel bug.
- People choose these companies because they are sensitive to their budget requirements - you can even pay for your trip before you go in installments. Many of their wonderful holidays have excursions and add-ons that you can opt in and out of, and if they don't include food it's because they are giving you the choice to eat more economically than in restaurants every day. Intrepid Travel, for instance, have Basix style holidays, for people who are on a tight budget, they can do very special things and take you to exotic places much more cheaply than if you went on your own.
I can't list every single benefit that comes with adventure travel but I can give a few more money saving tips:
- Book at the right time of year.
- Look at special offers and last minute deals
- Try be flexible about when you travel
- Try to book as a group, a family for example
- If you are solo look for holidays that do not include single supplements
- Save up during the year, try not to borrow from family and friends - it may take 2 years - but it's worth it!
Adventure Travel is the Only Way to Travel - take a few minutes to watch this it's very interesting indeed
Place your Vote for the Most Adventurous Continent - Vote to see what others voted for!
These are my new boots! And I am delighted with them. They were very comfortable from the start and did not need to be broken in. I love the arch support, because it means that I can wear them for long periods without any discomfort. The fact that they are so light helps with this too.
What continent is the most exciting holiday desitnation?
I Love Camping and the Great Outdoors! - Roll on vacation time!
Responsible Travel Tip
Learn as much as you can about the countries you are visiting before leaving home. It is important to know about the culture and religion, the local values and rules. A pocket guide is not enough.
Advanced knowledge will help you to make the right choices and will make your trip so much more enjoyable. It is very easy to offend and to be misunderstood, especially when you are in a culture that is very different to your own.
Use local transport
This is the book that started me off on this adventure travel quest!!
Sustainable Tourism aims to reduce to a minimum the negative impact mass tourism has on the world. In essence it:
- respects local people and their cultures and offers economic benefit to local businesses and communities.
- makes traveling much more memorable and meaningful.
- protects our planet's beautiful destinations for future generations.
- uses small scale accommodation and local transport (sometimes donkey and cart!)
- it supports locally owned businesses and employs local people
- it incorporates community-based eco-tourism projects into tours.
When choosing a travel company make sure it has a sustainable or responsible travel policy. Companies will display their mission statements on their websites.
LEAVE ONLY YOUR FOOTPRINT - Your adventure travel is for the benefit of all
A fun quiz about Europe
view quiz statistics
I’m hoping that I am helping you realize your travel dreams by introducing you to professional adventure travel companies, so that you experience the world in the company of people who actually care about the places you visit.
These adventure travel companies boldly renounce mass tourism and instead create small group holidays that cater for people who wish to do more than just lie sun bathing for a couple of weeks on a nondescript beach, overspending out of sheer boredom!
They specialize in bringing people together in small groups, with similar dreams, and taking them right off the beaten track to explore and discover shared adventures and experiences.
There are all sorts of styles of holidays, family adventure holidays, adventure holidays for singles, even incredible expeditions to Antarctica, ( see G Adventures link above) trips that will take you all over the world in safety and in style - your style!
Buy locally - By buying locally you are helping the local economy. Look out for local markets, and locally run restaurants. They will be much more exciting than
© 2011 Giovanna Sanguinetti