1. Rent a canoe, kayak or paddle board on 1 of our 4 lakes
2. Take a Betty Lou Sunset Cruise
3. Cycling on any one of the many paved bike paths
4. Farmer's Market on Saturday morning
5. Live music every nightly
6. Dine out (we've got several of the best restaurants you'll find in the US)
7. Madison Children's Museum
8. Henry Vilas Zoo...it's free
9. Swim at one of our many clean beaches
10. Swim at Goodman Pool or Monona Pool
11. Overture Center for the the Arts. Tour galleries and visit the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
12. Indie Theater at Bartell or Broom Street Theater.
13. Tour the State Capitol
14. Concerts on the Square
15. Olbrich Botanical Gardens
16. Madison Mallards Game
17. Alliant Energy Center often has special events such as concerts, horse shows, trade shows, food and wine shows, etc. They also host the Dane County Fair each year in July.
18. Brat Fest on Memorial Day weekend
19. Badger Game
20. Outdoor festivals such as Mifflin Street Block Party, Spookfest (at Halloween), one of our many Ethnic Fests such as Fiesta Hispana.
21. Art Fair On (and off) the Square
22. Jazz at Five summer music series
23. Tuesday night concert at Olbrich Gardens
24. Shopping and dining on State Street
25. Shop and dine on Monroe Street.
26. Memorial Union Terrace
27. Rhythm and Booms
28. Observatory Drive and Babcock Hall ice cream
29. Hilldale's outdoor mall, Cafe Muramoto for sushi and a great movie at Sundance theater.
30. Frank Lloyd Wright designed Monona Terrace Convention Center
31. Ford Ironman Competition
32. Read the free Isthmus for complete listing