Disappearinghead profile image 89

Question to Americans; would you recommend America as a good place to live to a European?

I've lived in the UK for most of my life and seen much of Western Europe, which due to the European Union with its harmonised laws, business, and lifestyles, is pretty much the same all over. My wife and I have considered relocating to America with our kids for a couple years to see something different, but our only experience of America has been two summers in Arizona with weekend trips to Vegas. So would you recommend America as a good place to bring up a middle class family and if so where?

• aguasilver profile image

John Harper (aguasilver) 4 years ago

Thanks for the mention Carl, even if my awareness campaign has caused you pain!

DH, if you want variety and change with a pleasing lifestyle, head to Asia!

I would think America will soon be in dire states, rather more dire than it currently is.

ERICKVALLELY 4 years ago

You are right. People see what they see on Hollywood and think that America is like that, but it only reflects 5% of the population. The rest of us definitely don't live like that.

ComfortB profile image85

Comfort Babatola (ComfortB) says

freecampingaussie profile image47

freecampingaussie says

• Disappearinghead profile image

Disappearinghead 4 years ago

Assuming that all necessary paperwork was in order and all that. I have family in Australia and I'm told it is now horrendously expensive compared to Europe.