Flightkeeper profile image 72

Do you think it's right that fat passengers should pay more?

Dr. Bharat Bhatta from Fjordane University College in Norway says charging overweight flyers more would help the airlines to recoup the extra expense from having to burn off more jet fuel. If passengers lie about their weight they should have to pay the fat fare and a penalty. That's kind of mean. It just makes flying so much more of a hassle, especially for women. I would hate to declare how much I weigh. Not that I'm overweight but I still don't want people to know how much I weigh.

Sue Adams profile image94

Juliette Kando (Sue Adams) says

• cfin profile image

cfin 4 years ago

I don't think it is to encourage good health. It is a fair business practice. The cost of that persons weight on board an aircraft should not be disbursed evenly among all passengers.

cfin profile image80

cfin says