Blond Logic profile image 89

Is there something that you consider a bargain where you live?

What can you buy or get that you consider a bargain because of where you live? For example, here in Brazil I can buy fillet steak for R$15. a kilo. That equates to roughly $4.00 a pound. Can you buy seafood, strawberries, pick mushrooms etc. Picture courtesy of pixabay and Lebensmittelfotos

WokandRoll profile image89

Best Answer WokandRoll says

• Blond Logic profile image

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) 3 years ago

That is so true. I once bought a lug of strawberries from a roadside stand. They were so big, dark and juicy, nothing like you would find in a grocery store. Great to hear from you.

Billie Kelpin profile image91

Billie Kelpin says

• Insane Mundane profile image

Insane Mundane 3 years ago

Yeah, just so they don't make it mandatory that y'all take out Earthquake Insurance on every piece of property you own, then everything should be just fine; ha!

Say Yes To Life profile image87

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• Blond Logic profile image

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) 3 years ago

Well you can always list it on Craigslist to try and sell it to someone back east who only thinks of 'Sunny Hawaii! Thanks for your answer.

lesliebyars profile image72

Buster Johnson (lesliebyars) says

• Blond Logic profile image

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) 3 years ago

Hi Leslie,

I went to one of those when I visited my family. I was shocked when I got to the register and found out my 6 items weren't $6. Having lived outside the US for many years, I had forgotten about the sales tax. LOL . Thanks for your answer.

BahamasFinder profile image72

Eric Smith (BahamasFinder) says

• Blond Logic profile image

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) 3 years ago

If I ever make it there, I will have to check it out. Thanks for letting us know.

Insane Mundane profile image60

Insane Mundane says

• Blond Logic profile image

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) 3 years ago

That is a good price. There are a lot of ways of using pork loin. I think food always tastes better if you know you had a good deal. Thanks for your answer.

Silverspeeder profile image60

karl (Silverspeeder) says

• Blond Logic profile image

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) 3 years ago

I lived in the UK for many years and have seen some of the absolute nonsense. Bouncing tasteless strawberries at Xmas, that had more air miles than most frequent flyers.I think many people need a 'victory garden' again. Thanks for your response.

LindaSmith1 profile image60

LindaSmith1 says

• Blond Logic profile image

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) 3 years ago

That sounds like a good price. Here in Brazil, ours , 3rd party is included in the road tax. Thanks for your response.