Yes and no.
- cost of living is low compared with other countries'
- plenty of sunshine
- many beautiful places ideal for vacations (beaches are excellent, in particular)
- retirement here would be relatively cheaper than in other countries
- generally, Filipinos have a sunny disposition
- language barrier is comparatively lower than in other countries since many Filipinos can speak English
- limited job opportunities
- corruption persists in several government agencies
- public healthcare needs a lot of improvement
- safety can be questionable in some places