Asheville, NC - Places to Park
Asheville is a great place to stretch your legs, browse the local shops, enjoy a meal in a restaurant or join in our other traditions (beer, music, art and more!) Fortunately, there are lots of places to park downtown, many of them inexpensive, so if you’re looking for a good spot, we’ve got you covered.
Parking on the streets
Probably the most expensive way to park in the city is to use street meter parking:
- Street meter parking is charged at $1.25 an hour and they only accept coins
- You can park for a maximum of two hours
- There are around 700 metered spaces throughout the city
- The meters are monitored and enforced between 8 AM and 6 PM, Monday through Saturday
- If you don’t have change, you can pay through your smart phone via the Passport Parking App
- You are free to park without paying on Sundays and public holidays
Downtown Asheville Parking
There are some good, inexpensive parking garages conveniently located around Asheville downtown.
All of these garages are free to park in for the first hour and it’s then a dollar an hour or part of an hour after that. You can also pay a monthly rate for unlimited parking at these garages, as follows:
- Civic Center Garage – $80 a month
- Rankin Avenue Garage – $90 a month
- Wall Street Garage – $100 a month
- Biltmore Avenue Garage – $100 a month (daytime), $120 a month (24 hour)
- You can get details on applying for a permit by calling: (828) 259-5792
Details of the various parking garages in Downtown Asheville
Civic Center Garage – With over 500 spaces, this is the largest parking garage in the city center. It’s conveniently located off of Haywood street and is in easy walking distance of all of downtown Asheville.
Rankin Avenue Garage – The Rankin Avenue garage is located close to the Civic Center Garage and has over 250 spaces. If this garage is full, the Civic Center Garage is next door and often has spaces.
Wall Street Garage – The Wall Street Garage has over 200 spaces and is located off Otis Street between Wall Street and Battery Park Avenue; it is very close to and convenient for The Grove Arcade and downtown Asheville.
Biltmore Avenue Garage – The Biltmore Avenue Garage is located under the Aloft Hotel on Biltmore Avenue. It has 400 spaces. There are restrooms located on level P1.
There’s a dirt-packed parking lot across from High Five Coffee on Broadway.
West Asheville Parking
Unfortunately, West Asheville does not have any large parking decks or parking garages. You can park at the Ingles on Haywood Rd; it’s a relatively short walk through West Asheville in either direction from there
River Arts District Parking
Outside The Wedge Brewery in the River Arts District, you’ll find a large, gravel parking lot.
Wherever you decide to park, there are dozens of things to enjoy in Asheville. Just remember, if you’re sampling some of our fine beer, make sure that you’re able to get home without driving and take a taxi or bus instead.