Top 3 Ways to Buy Cheap Disneyland Tickets
Save Money on Disney Theme Park Tickets
Planning a trip to Disneyland can be very expensive. A typical family of four (2 adults and 2 kids) will spend anywhere from $1,500 to $4,000 on a fun filled vacation to Disneyland. A Disneyland vacation will usually include plane tickets, hotel arrangements, rental car, souvenirs, food, and of course, theme park tickets. So you can see why it can be expensive.
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to save some money on your Disneyland theme park tickets? Absolutely! So I am going to provide you with 3 tips on how to save anywhere from 10% to 50% on your Disneyland tickets.
Buy Discount Disneyland Tickets
Top 3 tips on how to buy discount Disneyland Tickets
As you know Disneyland tickets are expensive. Here are 3 tips on buying discount Disneyland theme park tickets:
- Go online and visit Cheap-Disneyland-Tickets.com; Cheap-Disneyland-Tickets.com is a cool website that integrates with eBay to source the best deals on cheap Disneyland Theme Park tickets online. You can save anywhere from 10% to 50% by following the links on the site to purchase tickets instead of at Disneyland's ticket booth. It's a nice web site that's worth visiting if you're planning a vacation to Disneyland.
- Purchase a Southern California CityPass; the longer you stay in the Anaheim area and the more theme parks you're willing to visit, the more money you can save. So consider buying a Southern California CityPass booklet. The CityPass is a "pay one price" ticket booklet providing admissions to multiple local attractions discounted off of retail prices. The Southern California CityPass includes access to the following attractions: Disneyland, California Adventure Park, SeaWorld Adventure Park, The San Diego Zoo, and Universal Studios Hollywood. The best place to purchase the Southern California CityPass is Costco. You can sell your un-used portion of your CityPass booklet on eBay. CityPass delivers a savings of over 33% and is a great way to save money. Remember, ticket card expires 13 days from the date of the initial use.
- Purchase your tickets from ARES Travel; ARES Travel is a ticketing & reservations agency which is authorized to offer a small discount on Disneyland tickets to the general public. They also offer good deals on Disneyland resort vacation packages. Especially during the holidays.
My favorite place to visit for Disneyland tickets is at Cheap-Disneyland-Tickets.com. I think they source the best selection of Disneyland tickets at the lowest prices.
Please share with me where you like to buy your Disneyland tickets by leaving a comment below.
More Ways to Save on Disneyland Tickets
Here are 3 more ways to get cheap Disneyland tickets
If you have children or love the magic of Walt Disney then a trip to Disneyland is probably your idea of a dream vacation, but what's the best way to find discount tickets to the park? Your budget is no doubt first and foremost on your mind when it comes to planning a trip to this amazing and world famous theme park, especially if you're planning to take the whole family, but fortunately, there are ways to save money and find tickets to fit any budget so that everyone, young and old, can enjoy the magic that is Disneyland.
- One of the best ways to find cheap Disney tickets is to find deals online that bundle them with other offers. For example, you can get tickets with discounts up to nearly thirty or forty percent off if you buy them along with hotel reservations, especially if you stay within the park itself. By staying in one of their many quality hotels, you can get tickets to anywhere in in the park or even get discount passes that are good for three or four days. Even if you choose to stay somewhere else, you can still find great bundled deals online for discount tickets, especially if you create a complete package with airline tickets, a rental car, and a hotel reservation. The more you bundle, the more you can save, particularly if you use sites that help you find travel deals, such as Expedia or Travelocity.
- Another way to find discount Disneyland tickets is on auction sites such as Ebay. Many people who have bought tickets and can no longer use them will often sell them online to try to make back at least some of the money they spent, and this is where you can save big. Of course, this means that you will have to try and bid for them, which does take skill, but it can be more than worth it in the end.
- One final way that you can find cheap Disneyland tickets is to search for promotional deals online. With the use of a few keywords, you can find a number of deals that are offered by different sites, and in some cases, the more tickets you buy, the more you will save.
Finding cheap Disneyland tickets in order to make your dream vacation a reality can be challenging, but the fun and excitement of this magical destination makes the search well worth it.
Disneyland Military Discounts
Discounts for Active and Retired U.S. Service Members
Members of the United States Armed Forces have made tremendous sacrifices for our country for many years. The jobs that they have require them to be away from home and their families for extended periods of time, anywhere from 6 months to a year or longer. So families of service members are making huge scarifies as well.
In honor of our service members and their families, the Walt Disney Company is offering them 3-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper tickets for only $125 each. The normal price of a 3-Day Park Hopper ticket is $250. Wow...that's a savings of 50%. It's one of the best discounts you can get on Disneyland theme park tickets. Since it's a hopper ticket, you can visit both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park on the same day without any restrictions. What's great about these discounted tickets is that service members, family members, and friends can use them.
Disney World has a discount program too, but it's a little different. They're offering 4-Day Military promotional tickets for $156 each. In addition, there's no park hopper. So if you want to go to Disney's Water Park Fun & More, it's an additional charge.
Where to buy
The discounted Disneyland tickets can be purchased at a participating U.S. military base ticket office or you can buy them at the front gate of Disneyland.
Here's the fine print
- The discount theme park tickets are for active or retired members of the United States military, including the National Guard, Reservists, and the United States Coast Guard.
- You must have a valid military ID
- Tickets must be purchased by an eligible military personnel or their spouse
- Up to six promotional tickets can be purchased by any eligible service member or spouse
- Service member or spouse must accompany the persons using promotional tickets for theme park admissions
- Blackout Dates: 3/25/2013 to 4/5/2013, 7/4/2013
- Promotional tickets will expire on September 28, 2013
Please provide a comment below if you are planning on buying these tickets or if you have purchased them in the past.
Recommended Reading - Essential reading if you're planning a trip to Disneyland!
The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland is one of the most thorough guides for Disneyland. Many vacationers have used the book's tactics to save money on tickets, hotels, and dining. In addition, the book shows you how to get on most popular rides with minimum waiting. The dining chapter has detailed reviews of over 50 restaurants.
Tear-Free in Disneyland has some great advice on how to avoid those bad moments that families sometimes experience at Disneyland. Use this book as a strategy guide on how to do your "magical" vacation without a meltdown. In addition, the chapter on dining at Disney is helpful and gives a lot of information on the average cost and the type of foods served at different restaurants in the area.
Disneyland Vacation on a Budget
5 tips for planning a disneyland vacation on a Budget
If you're on a tight or limited budget then you'll have to do a little financial planning prior to taking your family on a trip to Disneyland. However, if you have an unlimited budget then consider yourself lucky and skip this section.
The biggest mistake you can make is going on a Disneyland vacation without any financial forethought or planning. Unprepared vacationers tend to use their credit card(s) a lot, which will lead to a very large credit card bill at the end of the month.
Below are 5 tips you can use to plan an affordable trip to the Disneyland resort theme park without putting yourself into a financial hole.
Tip #1 - Plan your trip at least one year in advance
You should begin your financial planning at least one year before your actual trip. However, if you need a longer period in order to reach your budget goal then go for it. For a Disney vacation, the following items need to be included in your budget: Disneyland tickets, lodging, airfare, rental car, meals, and souvenir trinkets. I'll show you later how to save on some of these items but for now, include them in your budget.
One of the best places to go to get a total estimate for Disneyland tickets, lodging, airfare, and a rental car is Orbitz. However, you are more than welcome to use other sources like Expedia, Travelocity or your local travel agent. Orbitz.com often runs special promotions that include discounted or upgraded Disneyland tickets. Especially in the off-season. Once you have your estimate, add to that the amount for meals and souvenirs. Once you have that total then pad it by another 10%. This is for price increases and unexpected costs. Congratulations, you now have a rough idea of how much that magical vacation is going to cost you. Now we're ready to go on to the next tip.
Tip #2 - Create a vacation savings account
Now that you know how much your family vacation will cost you, the next step is to create a new vacation savings account. Using a separate account prevents you from spending the money elsewhere. After the savings account has been established, use online banking to setup a recurring automatic transfer of funds from checking to the new savings account.
The recurring amount to transfer is based on the total amount of your vacation divided by the total number of periods left before your vacation begins. So if you're planning on going to Disneyland a year from now and the total cost of the trip is $2,500 then the recurring transfer amount will be $208 per month.
Tip #3 - Consider a Disneyland vacation package at a participating Good Neighbor Hotel
The main benefit of staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel is the quality of the hotel and close proximity to the Disneyland resort. In addition, travel agencies both local and online are always running promotions that offer the 3rd or 4th night free when booking a Disneyland vacation package at participating Good Neighbor Hotel (GNH). This is a great way to save money. If your budget still can't afford a GNH, then I recommend staying at a 2-star budget hotel or motel that's in walking distance to the theme park. These types of hotels aren't great but they aren't that bad. Remember, you're on vacation to have fun at Disneyland, not to stay in a hotel all day.
Tip #4 - Don't rent a car
If you stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel then you will probably be within walking distance to the Disneyland resort. In additional, most of these hotels offer a free shuttle service both to and from the park. The shuttle schedule begins early in the morning and ends late at night. However, if you're not staying at a GNH, the 2-star budget hotel I mentioned before should be within walking distance to the theme park. Finally, there are several affordable shared shuttle services that will take you and your family from the airport directly to the Disneyland resort. Skipping the rental car is a great way to save money.
Tip #5 - Plan your meals ahead of time
If possible stay at hotel that offers a free complimentary breakfast. Most Good Neighbor Hotels offer this. This will save a family of 4 a lot of money. Ensure your room has a small refrigerator and microwave so that you can prepare meals for your family when it's not convenient to go out. Go to the grocery store and stock up on water, snacks, beverages, food, and other things that you need to make your vacation comfortable. Finally, when it's time to go to the theme park, take a backpack full of beverages and snacks as buying food inside the park can really break your budget. If you want to eat outside of the theme park but not in your hotel, you should consider places like iHop, Subway, and Red Robin.
Please share with me your ideas on how to save money on a Disneyland vacation by leaving a comment below.
Disneyland Annual Passports - What You Need to Know
Reasons to Consider Buying a Disneyland Yearly Pass
Every year, millions of people come from all over the world to visit Disneyland and to experience a wondrous place of magic and fun. Walt Disney wanted families to come to his special magical place, and there are many good reasons to consider buying a Disneyland Annual Passport.
Being an annual passholder gives you unlimited access to both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park in the same day for a one-year period. I am not going to kid you. Annual passes to Disneyland can be expensive, especially for a family of 4 or more. However, it may be worth it if you live in California and you planned on spending at least 10 or more days during the year at the resort. Annual Disneyland Passports cost from $269 all the way up to $649, depending on which one you buy. Remember, these prices are per person (adults and kids pay the same price). So you can see how the total cost for your entire family can be a little expensive. Your best bet is to carefully calculate your costs with and without annual passes before buying them. Visit the Disneyland website for yearly pass details as well as payment options.
To help with your purchasing decision, I've listed below a brief summary of the Annual Passholder discounts and benefits:
People who have annual passports to a Disneyland resort can receive information through the mail that will let them know about special things that are happening in Disneyland. There is a publication that is mailed to people who have year round passes, which will give them inside information into the theme park that the public will not have access to. Annual passport members can also get exclusive invitations to special private events.
Another one of the great benefits of having an all-year pass to Disneyland is that there are special annual passholder discounts. While at Disneyland, people eat, buy souvenirs, and stay at the Disneyland hotel, and what can make a great stay even better is to receive a discount. Imagine getting ten to fifteen percent off of important things like food. Ten to fifteen percent may not sound like a lot, but when you have a large family that percentage can add up to big savings and extra money to spend on other things.
There are two major downsides to Disneyland annual passes. The first is that you must pay the money upfront, which may be financially challenging for some families. However, there are payment options. The second downside is that if you don't purchase the Disney Premium Passport (available for $649) then you'll be subject to blockout dates (a.k.a. blackout dates). Disney's website has a blockout calendar for you to review prior to making your purchase. As you may have guessed, blockout dates vary based on the type of annual pass you buy; but if you're a Premium Passholder you don't have to worry about not being able to go when you want to.
Anyone that wants to experience as much of the magic of Disneyland as possible should consider purchasing a Disneyland Resort Annual Passport if it's a good fit for your budget and family.
If you know of any additional ways on how to save on Disneyland tickets, please feel free to comment below.
Thanks for visiting.