Digitized Philippines Government ID: How to get you TIN/BIR ID
TIN/BIR ID under E.O. 98
Need an ID so that you can transact with a government department? Maybe you need to get your passport but don't have the required ID. There are a range of options SSS ID, Driver licence etc, but the BIR TIN ID is one of the easiest to get.
How to get your TIN/BIR ID
1) Go to your local BIR office, make sure you take your birth certificate with you.
2) Grab the TIN application form relevant to your situation. If you're applying under E.O. 98 you’ll need form 1904.
3) Fill the form out and hand it in at the counter along with your existing ID (remember all you need if submitting under E.O. 98 is your birth certificate)
4) Wait and you’ll be given your TIN (that’s Tax Identification Number)
5)Now request your BIR ID (digitized ID card to which you are entitled under E.O. 98)
6) Provided the office isn’t too busy you may be able to get your ID card with 1 hour…if they are busy you may need to come back the next day.
Now you’ve got an ID that will let you transact with other government departments like the DFA