- Travel and Places»
- Specialty Travel & Tours
Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch
So you're looking for a good place to stay while you're enjoying your stay at Disneyland Paris. It would help if it had a few activities to keep the kids entertained when you aren't having a blast at Disneyland Park or Disney Village. You know there probably aren't going to be any cheap hotels close to Disneyland but you'd rather that it not be too expensive, either. Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch might be for you.
It's just a fifteen minute drive from the Disney Parks and you can get free parking at the parks during your stay. It has a fun Wild West theme and activities for the kids and you can get a break from Mickey Mouse and the "It's A Small World" ride if you feel like you've been overloaded with Disney on any given day.
A Look Inside Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch
Staying At Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch
- Take a look in the "Alamo Trading Post". They have groceries, souvenirs and clothes. A tad on the expensive end, but nice for people who would rather not compete for a table at the busier restaurants.
- Exchange your currency at the currency exchange. A little short on French currency? You can trade for some at the local currency exchange.
- There's a small farm. Your kids can get a pony ride or, if they're a little taller, a horseback ride (weather permitting) and see farm animals up close.
- Indian Meadow Campfire Circle: An outdoor play area with tepees and animation. There's also an indoor play area with games and a TV set to the Disney Channel.
- Archery and sports. The ranch has an archery range for an extra charge and there's also volleyball, tennis, mini football and basketball.
- Crockett's restaurant and tavern: Enjoy a Wild West-themed dinner with the kids and enjoy karaoke and a cold beer at the tavern. A tad pricey, but most restaurants in Disneyland and Disney Village are too.
- Stay in a 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom cabin. Some reviewers did comment that the Davy Crockett ranch can take the Wild West theme to extremes, but they do provide a microwave, basic utensils, a hob, refrigerator and freezer.
- There's no shuttle service. The parks are within driving distance and guests at the ranch receive free parking. You will need your own vehicle.
Disneyland Paris Travel Tips
- Be sure to book well in advance. By planning your vacation well in advance, you improve your chances of getting exactly the room you want and might even be able to get a good deal for booking early. It also helps to start your packing the week before to make sure you remember those small essential items that make your vacation more pleasant.
- Look around for good rates on your currency. The rate you get can vary depending on where you exchange it.
- Have your paperwork handy. Make sure you have your paperwork in a place where you can easily access it when you reach the airport. Double-check right before you leave to make sure you don't forget it.
- Ask the front desk about security options for your valuables. Leave anything you don't need on any given day in a secure place. This reduces your risk of valuables disappearing on you.
Have Fun At Disneyland Paris
Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch makes a fun Western-themed place to hang out when you're not at Disneyland or Disney Village. If your kids are still a little wound-up after a day at the theme park, there are activities available for them to enjoy and you can relax at Crockett's Tavern. Don't forget to get lots of pictures and you can have fun organizing your Disney memories when you get home.