- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Asia»
- Middle East
Tourist Spots in Dubai
Five exciting top places to visit with kids in Dubai
Being the largest shopping mall in the world, the Dubai Mall is definitely a great place for shopping and is always teeming with excitement. If you are traveling with your children, including some activities especially for them is a must since Dubai offers plenty of opportunities to keep them happy and on their toes.
Dubai is a fun place for kids with its white sands, sunny climate, and beautiful beaches. Being the largest city in UAE, you will find many vacationers enjoying the myriad of activities, cuisines, shopping, sports and many other exciting things. This spectacular oasis in the desert region can entertain persons of all ages with its fantastic water parks, indoor skiing, camel trekking, Dolphin shows, fun parks, etc.
The top five exciting places to visit with kids in Dubai are:
- Dubai’s most unbelievable but marvellous attraction is the indoor ski resort called Ski Dubai with 22,500 square metres of snow, slopes and even an indoor 85 metre high mountain. Awarded the Thea Outstanding Achievement Award by the Themed Entertainment Association, this skiing resort has an extremely efficient insulation system. It manages to keep the indoor temperature at -10 C (300 F) during the daytime and -60 C (210 F) at night although outside temperatures in Dubai may be really hot. Kids find it thrilling when they see real penguins in the snow. This snow resort has penguins who are let out to have fun from their enclosures many times during the day. You can book a penguin encounter and even interact with them directly.
- The Dolphin encounter at the Dubai Dolphinarium is an unforgettable one as you watch them play, dance, dive and interact with their trainers. This activity is open to all ages, is relaxing, enjoyable as much as exciting. This is a first of its kind, fully air-conditioned indoor Dolphinarium in the Middle Eat that offers complete family entertainment and pure fun. This 5000 square meter (54,000 sq ft) marine facility is also a great place to celebrate your kid’s birthday. Interactions with the highly intelligent Dolphins is sure to encourage kids to protect marine life and fragile ecosystems.
- The Sega Republic at the Dubai Mall is two levels of pure gaming fun, arcade adventure and a virtual high-tech theme park. This fabulous theme park developed by Emaar Retail with Japan-based SEGA Corporation, brings you high-tech attractions at their best. With more than 170 amusement games, children and adults alike are amused with the visual merriment accompanied by amazing rides.
- The Aquaventure Waterpark at Atlantis The Palm Resort is nothing short of a full day of fun, frolicking and adventure. The gargantuan water rides gush fast by swirling you down at high speeds to give your teenaged kids and you a super exciting time. This is the number one water park not only in the Middle East but also in Europe. The Tower of Neptune, a near vertical adrenaline pumping slide, The Tower of Poseidon, the world’s largest water slide and the Atlantean Flyer Zip Line, longest zip line in the Middle East are sure to put you in a tizzy of never-ending excitement.
- Another waterpark equally exciting but centred on the tale of Juha from the Arabian folklore is situated in front of the majestic Burj Al Arab. Wild Wadi Park is under maintenance currently but expected to open soon on February 11, 2016. This park is a fun filled story adventure for the entire family to beat the heat with its fantastic slides, imaginative water slide structures and great staff.
When vacationing in Dubai with your children, it is important to always remember to rehydrate due to the hot weather, wear appropriate clothing and carry essential things your children may need.