Family Vacation Trips | Kid Friendly Vacation Spots
Best Family Friendly Vacation Destinations in the USA
Although there are a multitude of wonderful
travel locations that offer accommodations
which include activities that are appropriate
for children, below are the top 5 kid friendly
destinations that you may want to consider
for your family vacation trips.
Disney World Family Vacation Trips
"THE" Most Kid Friendly Vacation Spot
This ultimate family vacation trip destination -- Disney World and all its extra attractions -- has been the source of great joy for adults and kids alike for decades.
Whether you stay several miles from the theme park or enjoy the on-site amenities, this family vacation hotspot affords you an endless array of activities designed for the entire family.
From Epcot Center to Sea World; from Disney Village to Universal Studios; from water parks to wildlife parks...
No time is wasted at this world-famous entertainment center and resort community!
Moreover, many online travel sites are offering special packages to Disney World as well as Southwest Airlines and others.
In addition, you can save quite a bit of money by selecting hotels that offer free stays for children, as well as free meals for the little ones.
This is one destination where you can easily book a trip based on your budget and stick to it.
Colorado Dude Ranch Family Vacation Trips
Kid Friendly Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch Vacations
From Alaska to Wyoming, there are a multitude of dude ranches perfect for a family vacation.
One of the most notable is the Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch in Colorado, approximately 20 miles from Rock Mountain
Here, your family can engage in an array of activities including horseback riding, hayrides, and nature walks. You can all enjoy a host of amenities provided by the ranch.
This dude ranch is perfect for families who love the outdoors.
You can also enjoy visiting nearby historic sites such as Fort Collins, Old West Museums, and Cheyenne (where you can buy tickets to the world's largest rodeo held from July 17 to the 26th).
Hawaiian Family Vacation Trips
Maui for an Exciting, Exotic Kid Friendly Vacation Spot
While Oahu has always been a popular destination, it is the Hawaiian island of Maui that attracts family vacationers more than any of its other islands.
The reason is that it offers a wide variety of activities such as....
- Whale watching (seasonal).
- Lahaina, a famous whaling village.
Your family can also take a ride on the Sugar Cane Train, circa 1890....
- Spend a day at Iao Valley and view the Iao Needle along with the Iao Valley Hawaiian Garden.
- Visit the Maui Ocean Center, home to the largest aquarium in Hawaii.
- Visit Oheo Gulch to marvel at the spectacular waterfalls.
- Visit the black-sand beaches at Waianapanapa in East Maui.
For fabulous weather, magnificent sunsets, and beautiful beaches, Maui is the perfect spot to unwind and enjoy spending quality family time together.
Big City Family Vacation Trips
"The Big Apple" -- New York City -- Can Be Kid
Probably the most exciting vacation spot for families is
The "Big Apple" has something for everyone. From Broadway to Rockefeller Center, you will never run out of things to do here.
Among the many sites to visit are...
- Radio City Music Hall where you can take in a show.
- Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, and
- 42nd Street, the Theatre District, museums; shopping, fabulous cuisine... the list is endless!
Spend a day walking along Fifth Avenue and stop at St. Patrick's Cathedral...
Take a tour of NBC Studios...
Spend an afternoon in Central Park and visit the zoo there...
Go to the South Street Seaport for shopping, dining, and entertainment...
Take in an afternoon matinee performance on Broadway...
Whether you stay uptown or downtown, you will always be in close proximity to the many historic sites and sounds that comprise Manhattan. Moreover, your kids will truly enjoy all that this dynamic city has to offer.
Las Vegas Family Vacation Trips
Kid Friendly Vacation Spot with a Wide Range of Attractions
Las Vegas ("the city that never sleeps") offers a wide range of attractions for kids.
This is why it is among the top family, kid-friendly vacation destinations in the USA today.
Moreover, it is an affordable vacation option because the hotel packages and meals will fit any budget.
Among the many attractions offered for families include:
- M&M's World. It's like waking up to chocolate heaven (four floors of chocolate heaven, that is).
- Adventure Canyon at Buffalo Bill's -- first interactive log ride in the world where riders compete by 'shooting' the bad guys along the route.
- Game Works (a video game-playing wonderland).
- The Lion Habitat at MGM, Sports Park, Circus Circus rides.
- Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage Hotel.
- Shark Reef Aquarium and Shark Exhibit.
- New York, New York's roller coaster and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
- Children's Museum (the largest of its kind).
- Adventuredome, the largest theme park in the USA (5 acres of indoor fun).
Many of these attractions are free and are well worth visiting.
Be sure to remember the Flamingo Habitat at the Flamingo hotel or the spectacular water fountain show across the way at Caesar's Palace.
For great fun and awesome rides and venues, Las Vegas is a wonderful choice for your next kid friendly family vacation spot.