Juice Shop - A Review
Juice Shop - Since 1996!
For some of the best smoothies around - you have to try Juice Shop smoothies. They have less than 2 grams of fat, 375 - 425 calories, and provide 2 -3 servings of fruit. And they taste .... well more on that later!
I used to hear friends, co-workers and my oldest daughter talk about Juice Shop all the time. They loved it! I couldn't imagine having a smoothie for lunch and nothing else. I didn't think there was enough to satisfy anyone. I was wrong...
Talk about finding your niche! Juice Shop has definitely found theirs! They don't sell frozen yogurt - even though they use it in their smoothies. They don't sell juice - even though they use it in their smoothies. They could sell fruit - but they need them for the smoothies! They have taken a single product, come up with 10 different flavors and found success.
I love these 24-ounces of sheer enjoyment! I use them to treat myself or my daughters if we have had a great week. I buy a smoothie when I feel a cold coming on (I'm sure the extra servings of fruit must help!) I wish I could have a Juice Shop smoothie every day - but then they wouldn't be so special!
My daughters complain that I drink them too fast - I usually give myself brain freeze! They are THAT good! But the truth is I don't want them to "melt". They do have frozen yogurt or sherbet in them and they will "melt" - who wants to "drink" their ice cream!
Juice Shop - 3 Locations to Choose From - Greensboro - Friendly Shopping Center
I frequent either the Friendly or Lawndale location - whichever I am closer to at the time! They aren't that far apart so I can pick either!
There are 10 different smoothies to choose from, so there is something for everyone! I was never a big "fruit juice" drinker so I resisted trying smoothies for a very long time. I challenge everyone to go to the local smoothie shop and try one. Pick your favorite fruit and just try it!
- Strawberry Splash (my favorite!): Apple juice, strawberries, banana, and nonfat frozen yogurt
- Citrus Twist (my oldest & youngest daughter's favorite): Orange juice, strawberries, banana, and orange sherbet
- Cranberry Crush: cranberry juice, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberry sherbet
- Blueberry Blitz: Apple juice, blueberries, banana, nonfat frozen yogurt, and raspberry sherbet
- Arctic Orange: Orange juice, strawberries, banana, and nonfat frozen yogurt
- Berry Delight: Apple juice, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple sherbet
- Guava Gulp: Guava juice, peaches, banana, and pineapple sherbet
- Polar Peach: Guava juice, peaches, banana, and orange sherbet
- Razzmatazz: Raspberry juice, strawberries, banana, and raspberry sherbet
- Raspberry Rush: Raspberry juice, raspberries, banana, and nonfat frozen yogurt
Juice Shop - Winston-Salem Location
Serving the College Communities of Winston-Salem!
Ok, so it's not enough that they make awesome smoothies - you can add "stuff" to them to make them healthier!
- Bee Pollen (my favorite!): Helps with allergies & increases energy levels.
- Shop Boost (the one that my daughters like!): 51 vitamins and minerals, and amino acids.
- Lecithin: Helps breakdown fat & cholesterol.
- Calcium: For strong bones and prevents osterperosious.
- Protein Powder: Good for low fat diets and helps maintain muscle.
Things To Do Today! - Visit Juice Shop!
I keep wanting to try other flavors, but I can't bring myself to do it. I feel it would be disloyal to my favorite - Strawberry Splash! Maybe the next time my daughter orders her Citrus Twist, I'll try it. The Blueberry Blitz does sound interesting - I love blueberries, but I've never liked sherbet that much. I wish they would have a trial size of the smoothies - like ice cream shops that allow you to try their various flavors before you select.
Juice Shop - Greensboro - Lawndale Location
Cuisnart 40-oz Blender
Smoothies! - Recipes, Review of Juice Shop & How-To Make A Smoothie Websites
Below are some links that you might find useful! The first one is a Yelp review for Juice Shop (the review was not written by me!). The next link is for a Smoothie recipe and the final link is a step by step on how to make a smoothie! Enjoy!
- Review for Juice Shop-Winston-Salem
Review of Juice Shop "Totally addicted. They only take cash and the place only serves smoothies. Prices are $4 - 5 with a free hit of your choice of smoothie extras like protein or lecithin. My fav is the strawberry blast. Juice Shop has…
- Frothy-Chilly Fruit Smoothies
Smoothie recipe from Rachael Ray.
- How to Make a Smoothie
Smoothies can be a great way to start the day or refresh yourself after a hard day at work. They are quick and easy to make. All you need is a powerful blender and a few ingredients. Keep reading to find out how.
Buy your own blender to make your own smoothies at home!