The Hidden Paradise in Indonesia
Kiluan Bay, Do you know where it is?
don't worry because most of indonesian people also don't know about this hidden paradise located about 3 hours to the south (by car) from Bandar lampung city. it's main attraction is seeing wild dolphins in open sea.
All images on this lens is credited to:
How to Get There From Jakarta
before you go to Kiluan Bay, you have to Reach Bandar Lampung city first. you can go to this city either using your own car or by public transportation such as bus or Plane.
From Jakarta to Bandar Lampung:
2. By plane
you can choose airlines such as Sriwijaya Air, Lion Air, garuda Indonesia or Batavia Air, from Soekarno international airport (jakarta) to Radin Inten airport (bandar Lampung), estimated cost is about IDR 300.000 - IDR 1.000.000 depending on the airlines you choose, estimated traveling time is about 40 minutes.
3. By Private Car
-use the same route as public bus.
the only way i know to reach Kiluan Bay is by using your private car or rental car because there are no public transportation that go there. i suggest you to use local driver from Kiluan Bay, because the route to get there is very hard to find, you will face some difficulties if you're driving on your own. I personally at that time was using a rental car along with the driver. the cost is about IDR 300.000 - 400.000 for one car including the driver.
estimated traveling time from Bandar Lampung to Kiluan Bay is about 2-3 hours.
Before reach Kiluan Bay
before you go there, i suggest you to find information about the villa first, unless if you want to use a tent.
at that time I used a place to stay that is located right on the beach. the owner also provided an open space so you can build your own tent or using their tent.
estimated cost to rent one villa is about IDR 300.000 - 400.000 per night. the price is also include for meals (three times a day), snorkeling equipment and Jukungs (small boat you will use to see the dolphins in the morning, one jukung can be use for 4 people)
What to Bring
these are items you should bring:
1. flashlight, there is no electricity in there. but don't worry because they using diesel generator for electricity and will be activated around 6 PM until the next morning.
2. additional cellphone battery, it is hard to get signal in there which will cause your cellphone battery drains faster than usual, but it doesn't mean there no signal at all.
3. mosquito repellent (you will definitely need this)
5. camera (especially underwater camera if you own it)
5. snorkeling equipment (only if the villa owner doesn't provided it)
6. fishing equipment ( (only if the villa owner doesn't provided it), it's fun to go fishing, you can get many fish, squids if you're lucky you can get lobster too.
7. warm clothes for the night time.
8. personal medicine.
What to do
basically Kiluan Bay main attraction is dolphins sightseeing in the open sea in the morning, why it should be in the morning? because the sea waves will be come more rough after 7 AM, and it is not save for us.
other than that some activities you can do ar:
1. fishing, swimming and snorkeling all day long (maybe diving if you have the certificate)
2. discover the surrounding places like small islands, forest or hill (you must be guided by local resident)