- Travel and Places»
- Specialty Travel & Tours
Planning Pigeon Forge Vacations for Less Money!
Pigeon Forge Vacation Deals
Pigeon Forge Vacations don't have to cost a lot of money. By planning ahead, you can save money on your hotel, attraction tickets and even on shopping and food.
Join me as I plan my family vacation to Pigeon Forge. I'm searching out the best deals on the web and putting them all right here at your fingertips.
Pigeon Forge Lodging
The first thing on my to-do list was to find affordable lodging. Pigeon Forge offers camping, motels, hotels, cabins, resorts, timeshare rentals and condominiums. There's something for every budget, as long as you know how to find it. I found that going to each hotels website didn't actually give me the lowest price. But these websites were very helpful and the prices they quoted didn't give me a heart attack!
- Camping in Pigeon Forge is your cheapest option if you're on a really strict budget. With 17 area campgrounds to choose from, you'll easily find the perfect spot to park your camper or pitch your tent.
- ReservePigeonForge.com is my favorite resource for finding affordable lodging. Just pick your dates and it will list every available rental. To find exactly what you need, you can sort by lodging type, name or price. Although we spent our first 4 days at a Timeshare, we used this website to book a hotel for the last 3 days of our vacation. I was able to find a hotel with internet and a swimming pool for only $37 a night! But after looking a bit further, we decided to go with a jacuzzi/kitchen suite for just $50 a night.
- PigeonForgeCabinRentals.com has over 450 cabins in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area for you to browse through. Just choose how many bedrooms (up to 12!!), choose the amenities you can't live without, and pick your check-in day. Sort the results by price and you'll have your cabin picked out before you know it!
- ResortsAndLodges.com will give you the best price for the top 15 luxury resorts in the Pigeon Forge Area. Of course, those two words, luxury and resort, don't exactly scream "affordable", but at least you'll get the cheapest price!
- Bluegreen Resorts is just one of the many timeshares available in Pigeon Forge. I'm going to be honest and admit that I know next to nothing about timeshares. What I do know is that my husbands aunt owns a timeshare through Bluegreen resorts. His aunt is the biggest penny pincher I've ever seen, so I know these time shares must be worth it because she's had hers for years. We rented her Timeshare for 4 days and it only cost us $150!
Pigeon Forge Packages
- SeePigeonForge.com lets you build you're entire vacation and then gives you the best price for it. Or you can choose one of their preplanned packages that include lodging and tickets to the show(s) of your choice.
- Here are 11 discounted Pigeon Forge packages. Each one is at a different hotel and each offers a choice of shows, dinners and attraction tickets. Make sure to check out the $99 Smokies Best Summer Value package at the bottom. It gives you the best bang for your buck.
- Smokey Mountain Tour Connection takes a unique approach to their vacation packages. They do all the work for you by planning out every minute of your vacation. Depending on the package you choose, you'll either spend your days touring the art galleries, exploring the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or taking in a few local attractions, and every night you'll experience a different dinner show. But no matter what package you choose, they all have one thing in common: personal tour guides. Just imagine it. Not only can you forgo the stress of planning the perfect vacation, you also don't have to worry about getting lost or paying too much. These guys take care of everything!
- Vacations Made Easy is just what it sounds like. Pick your dates. Pick your shows. Pick your lodging. Then pay for it all at once and you won't have to worry about a thing.
- Play in the Smokies is my personal favorite for getting great deals. After picking your dates, browse through their large assortment of vacation packages to find one with the shows your want to see. Then choose your motel and you're done. I can't believe how great the rates are here. I found a package for a 4 night stay with tickets to the Dixie Stampede for only $232. That's $30 cheaper than buying them separately.
Pigeon Forge Attractions
Pigeon Forge has so many attractions to choose from, it's hard to believe they're all in the same town. You'll save money by choosing which one's you'd like to visit and buying your tickets ahead of time. I'm leaving links to the most popular attractions so you can see what they're all about, but don't even think about ordering your tickets from any of them. I found one website that offers discounted tickets for just about every attraction available. And when I say discount, I mean discount! Through this website, I was able to get tickets for a scenic helicopter ride for just $10! You'll find the link right below all the attractions.
Top Rated Shows
as low as $11.75
all at reasonable prices
as low as $9.41
over 100 interactive exhibits for $20.49
Pigeon Forge Coupons
You wouldn't believe how much you can save by printing out some coupons and ordering some coupon books before you go. I'm going to print out the coupons I know I'll need, plus the ones I'm just thinking about using. It never hurts to be too prepared!
- This Pigeon Forge Planner is a must have! It's like one of those pocket knives that have every tool imaginable. It has maps, an event calendar, a little Pigeon Forge history lesson, and a business listing for all the attractions, entertainment, dining, shopping and lodging in the area. Plus, it includes a Value Card that you can use to get up to $300 in discounts!
- Gatlinburg Coupons & Pigeon Forge Coupons
- Free Pigeon Forge Coupon Book
- 14 pages of printable coupons
- The Best Pigeon Forge Coupons List
Tips for a great Pigeon Forge Vacation
- Leave your car at the hotel and ride the Fun Time Trolley instead. The trolley runs through the heart of Pigeon Forge. It's 5 mile stretch takes you to just about every attraction and show in the area. And with a cost of just 50 cents, you'll definitely save money on gas!
- Visit Dollywood late in the day. Dollywood has a special going on: "Arrive after 3, Get the next day free". So visit late in the day, and you'll be able to make a free return trip!
- Don't forget your camera! Pigeon Forge is cluster of visually exciting experiences. From brightly colored costumes to the natural green beauty of mother nature, there will be plenty that you'll want to catch on film!
- Unless you're planning on attending dinner shows every night, it might be a good idea to look at a list of menus and restaurants in the Pigeon Forge area.
- Don't forget about the area surrounding Pigeon Forge. Just two hours away in the city of Asheville, North Carolina, lies the magnificent 250 room Biltmore House.
Photos and text; Â© 2011-2013 Catherine Taylor. All Rights Reserved
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.