Summer Concerts at the Biltmore Estate
Watch Your Favorite Musicians Live at the Biltmore Estate!
The Biltmore Estate is famous for Live Concerts on the mansion lawn during the summer months! Summer visitors can tour the Estate during the day, grab a delicious dinner, then head over to the concert area for a sunset show. Check the latest schedule for the list of bands and artists and see if your favorite will be playing this summer!
A Biltmore Summer Concert
History of the Biltmore Estate
How the Biltmore House Came to Be
- In the 1880s, George Washington Vanderbilt and his mother began taking trips to Asheville, NC. They adored the location and climate so much that George decided to build a home there. He called it the "little mountain escape." It took about 6 years to complete the mansion finishing in 1895.
- It is 175,000 square feet (Quite the "little mountain escape," eh??) with 250 rooms, and the grounds are 8,000 acres. The Vanderbilt family lived in the mansion until 1956 when it was converted into a museum. The estate is still family owned. It is managed by The Biltmore Company under the direction of Vanderbilt's grandson, William "Bill" A.V. Cecil, III.
- From the Biltmore Website:
- Why is it named Biltmore?
- George Vanderbilt named Biltmore by combining two words: "Bildt" the region in Holland where the Vanderbilt family originated, and "more," an old English word meaning upland rolling hills.
A picture of Bill Cecil in front of the Biltmore
Indoor or Outdoor - What's Your Preference?
Exterior View of the Biltmore Mansion with Lily Pools
Where is the Biltmore?
The Biltmore Estate is located in Asheville, North Carolina. Tucked up high in the Smoky Mountains there is plenty of space, quiet, nature and delicious food!
The Biltmore in the Summer
Tour the Biltmore as the Mansion and Grounds when the Weather is Warm!
- Tour the Estate:
- One-day Tickets start at $55 online. Enjoy a full day exploring our 8,000-acre estate. Your ticket includes:
- - Self-guided visit of Biltmore House
- - All-day access to our gardens and Antler Hill Village and Winery
- - Complimentary wine tasting and guided tour at the Winery
- - Plenty of dining and shopping opportunities
- - Free parking
- Antler Hill Village and Winery:
- Tour the winery, schedule a tasting, visit the wine shop, participate in demonstrations and seminars, or experience the Red Wine & Chcolate Tour!
Pack a Picnic for the Concert! - Grab a Blanket, Bottle of Wine, and Some Delicious Snacks
- Insulated shoulder tote picnic bag in navy blue with complete service for 2--perfect for picnics, concerts, or travel
- Includes 2 melamine plates, 2 acrylic wine glasses, 2 stainless steel flatware settings, and 2 cotton napkins
- Also includes 6-inch hardwood cutting board, stainless steel cheese knife, stainless steel corkscrew, and 2 cotton napkins
- Spacious insulated compartment keeps food hot or cold for hours
- Beverage holder with space for 2 bottles; adjustable padded shoulder strap
Chicago Plays the Biltmore - Chicago - Summer 2007
Bring Your Concert Supplies! - Be Prepared for Fun and Comfort During a North Carolina Summer
More Resources About the Biltmore Estate - Music, Hiking, and Fun in the Sun!
- Official Site of the Biltmore Estate
Information about the Estate, Tours & Activities
- Romantic Asheville
Visit Biltmore Estate in the Fall for Summer Concerts and special events.
- Hiking the Trails of Asheville
Hiking trails in Asheville and the Western North Carolina range from easy to difficult, and take hikers past mountain scenery, nature scenes and waterfalls.
- Asheville Outdoor Center
Play in the water! Canoeing, Kayaking, Rafting, Tubing, Gem Mining, and More !