8 Things I Never Thought About the Elephants
Being the national animal of Thailand, elephants play an important role in their history, culture and livelihood.
As a kid, I'm very fond of reading fables and when my parents took us in the zoo for family bonding one day, I was not able to hide my excitement. That was the first time I have seen live animals that I can only visualize thru books. I can't forget how big the elephants are but I didn't pay so much attention with their other qualities. Until one day, I saw them performed on a show in Chiang Mai, Thailand; things turned out differently after that. I found more wonderful things about them that eventually changed the way I perceived them. I was fascinated in the few hours of being with these "gentle giants".
They are really awesome creatures in the planet!
1. They can act.
2. They can paint using their trunk.
3. They can play musical instrument.
4. They're cool and fun to be with (they are even ready to pose for pictures).
5. They can follow directions and can give you a great ride.
6. They are strong but gentle giants.
7. They drink lots of water and they are vegetarian.
8. They are sweet and loving creatures.
These giants have been a part of the Thai's life since the old age. They are symbol of "power, peace and many other things." Good characters are naturally within them so they are well-loved. If they will be given the right training, who knows how far they can go?
No wonder they were chosen as the national animal of Thailand. I'm just hoping elephants are cared and treated properly behind those shows.
Killing them for meat and ivory should be stopped!