- Travel and Places
Top 10 Tips for Packing for Airline Travel
Packing for Your Plane Trip
Reservations are made and it's time to pack for your trip on an airline. It may sound easy but a bit of planning will help you pack for your travel like a pro.
It is important to know the rules of airline travel in this post 9-11 world and to be aware of the cost of taking too much with you on a trip.
Doing your homework can save money and frustration thus making your trip that much better.
Photo By VancityAllie
Some Great Luggage Sets
Here are the TOP TEN packing tips:
Packing for a Trip by Air - some good tips to follow
There are many travel tips to be found but I have discovered through trial and error that these are the 10 most important.
- Always check with your airline to find out their policies regarding luggage. This is number one because you can't plan without knowing the rules!
- Make a list of the "must have" items for this airline trip. Try to coordinate outfits so that you do not need a multitude of different accessories and shoes. These extras add up.
- You are allowed one carry-on suitcase (the size differs with different airlines) and you must adhere to the 3-1-1 rule. Keep in mind the 3-1-1 rule is for short trips, for longer trips put your items in your checked luggage. The 3-1-1 rule covers the carry-on packing rules for liquids, aerosols and gels.
- Pack your electronics in a single layer. They will be easier for security to identify therefore letting you procede through security that much quicker.
- Place film, and cameras with film, in your carry-on luggage. If your bag will pass through the X-ray machine more than 5 times ask for a hand inspection to prevent damage.
- Along with your carry-on suitcase, most airlines allow you to brings one other item. For example, a laptop with case, a handbag, a backpack or a briefcase which are also subject to security screening.
- Fold, roll or bundle? Whichever way you decide to pack your clothes, the key is not to over-pack: squashed clothes are creased clothes - the same is true of clothes that are too loosely packed.
- Your luggage label can easily be torn off your suitcase. ALWAYS put a second label, with details of your flight and destination on the inside.
- Pack a collapsible bag that will fit in your luggage-this is great for carrying your purchases home. Also, a couple of plastic garbage bags in the suitcase are perfect for bringing home wet bathing suits or dirty laundry.
- The last tip is a big one - Don't Take Too Much - try to only take what you absolutely need. If you will be spending most of your time at the pool or beach you will be spending most of your time in a bathing suit!
Packing like a Pro
He shares what he has learned from many trips on smart packing.
Duffle Bags are Great!
Packing for a Trip
When packing for a flight, how do you usually pack?
Always leave a detailed itinerary, copy of your passport, flight and hotel information with a relative or close friend. This is especially important if you are traveling alone. That way if someone needs to reach you there is no question as to where you are located.
Children love to have their own carry-on containing their own selected items. This is a great way to teach your child how to travel and how to pack for that special trip!
Ride On Carry On Child Seat Luggage Attachment
Your child is safely strapped in behind you while you are checking in at the desk. Strap this around the middle of your carry-on bag and around the handle and off you go - you can even run to catch a flight!
Blessed by Angels
Thank You Squid Angels
~sidther ~ JoshK47 ~ bikerministry ~