- Travel and Places
Travel essentials for women
The idea of backpacking is just amazing but packing is quite stressful especially for a fashionista. Minimalistic packing is what I advocate for. There are factor one needs to consider including the weather. Whether its fall, winter or summer one ought to be prepared.
Things you will learn from this hub;
- The essential clothing
- The essential shoes
- The essential toiletries
- The essential electronics jewelry and others.
- Additional tips to avoid making mistakes
The clothing essentials
For starters one needs a compression sack to fit more clothes. They are mostly made of nylon and sometimes materials similar to a backpack. They suck out the air in the bag giving your clothes more space. They come in different sizes and some of them are water resistant.an alternative to compression sacks is plastic bags that are vacuum sealed. They can also double up as laundry bags. Whichever method you choose to shrink your clothes is up to you.
The only disadvantage is compression sacks don’t work well to keep clothes pressed and neat.
One has to be definitely practical. Solid colors are a must, matching and mixing is key. You also want to make sure your clothes can be layered.
- 4 pairs of jeans-two blue and two black of your choice. Skinny and boyfriend work best
- 1 pair of black leggings-an animal print works too.
- 2 black or navy blue skirts, one short and the other maxi.
- 1 denim shirt-it’s stylish and matches with almost everything.
- 1 pair of jean shorts.
- 1 pair of tights. You’ll probably need more but tights happen to be very cheap everywhere
- 3 tops of your choice.
- 3 t-shirt-white ones are perfect.
- 2 dark colored sweaters.
- 3 shirts-one plain and two fancy ones for going out.
- 2 jackets- a leather one or a denim one and another warm coat.
- 2 dresses-a black one and a colored one
- 1 pair of pajamas. A top and a bottom
- 1 scarf –usually I prefer buying on the road as a souvenir
- 4 bras- including one sport bra
- 6 pairs of underwear
- 6 pairs of socks.
- 1 purse-preferably a black one.
When it comes to shoes comfort is the word.
1 Pair of leather boots-the lighter the better.
1 pair of leather flats-if you like loafers, they work perfect.
1 pair of sneakers.
1 pair of slippers.
These are the easiest to forget, but you can easily purchase them on the road.
- Body and face wash or soap.
- Body and face lotion.
- A custom First aid kit and Medical supplies to address minor injuries the components may include;
- Hand sanitizer
- Antibiotic ointment
- A simple bandage
- Makeup and makeup remover wipes.
- A travel towel.
- Supplements and any medication you might require.
- Shampoo, conditioner, hair spray and a hair straightener.
- Bobby pins and hair bands.
- Tooth brush and tooth paste.
- Detergent and pegs-at some point you’ll need to do laundry.
- Wet wipes and dry tissues.
-Tampons;These can be really difficult to find in some places.
-Sewing Kit.;preferably those that come with a small pair of scissors.When your clothes or bag tears in the middle of nowhere,trust me this will be your life saver.
A phone with enough memory for your music and selfies.
A camera-this is obvious.
Chargers-for the phone, laptop and camera.
A laptop if required
An umbrella-you never know when rain strikes; you’ll agree the weather can be very unpredictable.
- A few studs a simple necklace-you don’t want chunky
- Sunglasses are definitely a must to protect your eyes and style.
A water bottle-regardless of where you are keep your body and healthy. The skin is prone to damage if it’s not well hydrated.
A journal and a pen-you can put down ideas that hit you, memories whatever you want.
Documents; A visa, passport, debit card, insurance cards national identification card
What's your definition of fashionista minimalists packing? what are your ultimate packing tips?
Lets keep this conversation going in the comments section.cheers!!