This gracious structure, long designated historic by the local authorities in Woodstock, Ontario, was funded by the Carnegie Foundation, and dates from 1909.
A fine Gothic structure by Gordon and Helliwell remains a landmark close to Toronto's Queen Street West; its name recalls the Bonar brothers, who were highly active Free Church of Scotland preachers, one of whom influenced the naming of a British Prime Minister.
At the intersection of Queen Street West and Spadina Avenue in Downtown Toronto stands a gracious, Italianate building by Henry Langley and Edmund Burke, dating from 1886
Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica, Ottawa, is the expression of a Neogothic flavour of spires and pinnacles. The building dates from the era when Ottawa was called Bytown.
Not so well known to residents of Southern Ontario, New Liskeard in Northern Ontario has a scenic waterfront along the shores of Lake Temiskaming which deserves to be better known.
A disreputable but nevertheless — or even consequently — highly popular figure, John Prince (1796-1870) was the individual for whom the scenic Prince Township, in Ontario's Algoma District, was named.`
The Romanesque solidity and permanence of this building in Woodstock, Ontario has a lot to do with the fact that it once served as the Oxford County Jail, now transformed in to the offices of the Oxford County Board of Health.
Features of this church building include a prominent tower and many pointed window arches and flying buttresses, testifying to the influence of Gothic styling. Formerly known as Fairbank Methodist Church — now Fairbank United Church —, the building dates from 1889: Fairbank's oldest surviving one.
A fine, Romanesque Revival structure is to be seen at Woodstock's City Hall — but it did not always serve this municipal purpose.
Woodstock's Old Registry Building dates from 1876; it replaced a previous building from 1847.