Top Ten Ways To Annoy Your Boss
About this article
There are a lot of people who would like to leave their jobs but know that if they do they will not collect a severance pay or package. On the other hand if they get fired they must get paid for a minimum of two weeks plus any money accumulated during the time they worked.
Here are some tips that will annoy your boss and may get you fired in the process. These tips are typical of bad employees but do not break the law.
These are great ways to annoy the boss, and if you don't want to get fired just get back to your normal self.
Annoy your Boss, don't let him annoy you!
1. Always turn up late for work. At least three times per week make sure you are late. Anywhere between 15 minutes to two hours is fine. The perfect time is an hour. This will get you a few warnings but what the heck, there's nothing to do at that ungodly hour of the morning anyway. What's your boss thinking anyway, you have to send your kids to school, mornings are a hassle!
2. Take a sick day once every two weeks. Being sick is not your fault. You need the time to have some fun, you are working way too hard. The office can manage without you for a day. There are different ways to convince your boss that you are really sick.
Just get a migraine, have someone who is close to you do the calling. Let them say you are too sick to do it. You can also call in with stomach cramps, food allergies, back pain and tooth ache. I do not recommend the flu unless you need more than one day and you have a sinus problem. If your allergies start acting up that will give you the perfect opportunity to fake the flu as you will be sniffling and sneezing while talking to your boss on the phone.
3. Forget things, conveniently of course, like the filing or mailing of letter, or calling back a client. This is very critical to develop your bad reputation in the office. No boss likes to have to tell you repeatedly to do things or do them himself. This is an ideal way to get your boss all worked up.
4. Run up the phone bill with personal calls. It is every receptionist's dream to sit at the front desk, file their nails and make personal calls. There might be someone there just waiting for some information or someone trying to call through, so the best thing to do is to cut off the call or place it on hold and of course ignore the one waiting at the desk.
5. Chew gum during a meeting. Is there going to be a board meeting soon? Is the bigger boss going to be there? Two or three gums chewed together will make the perfect bubble when blown. I can just hear it pop. Wow, my boss will be thrilled that I ain't taking no notes, or paying attention to those boring directors. Yes, by all means chew away and even when asked a question just keep chewing all though your answer.
6. Leave work early before completing your tasks. So you came in late a few times, no big deal. At least you are getting your work done. Leaving early is only fair 'cause you work so hard and your kids need picking up from school. There isn't anything left to do anyway, every one is leaving so why shouldn't you?
7. Always have an excuse for being absent. You can skip work without calling in and then turn up with the perfect excuse if you can find it! Let's see, you had a death or critically ill person in the family. You were in the emergency room all day for some mysterious illness. You have to make it good, best to gain some sympathy too or this may get you fired.
8. Sloppy work. Who cares if the letter has a few typos, no one is going to notice? So you did not tidy your desk, who cares? No one is perfect so why should I worry about it? You filed Dr. John Samuels under J. not S., heck his name is John, so what?
9. Slow work. They can wait. It's better to be late than never. Rome wasn't built in a day so why rush?
10. Tattletale. You must watch your co-workers and whatever they do you must tell your boss about it. Tell him who leaves early (remember to leave out yourself though), who takes home the office supplies, who's having an affair, just don't leave anyone out, except yourself of course).
I was inspired to write this hub because of a coworker. She is always taking days off, complaining at work about her work, always feeling sick and tired, does sloppy work and takes forever to do a task. She has one thing working for her, she's always early so when she leaves early it doesn't seem like a problem except for one thing, her work is almost always unfinished. This is the perfect example of someone who annoys their boss, A BAD EMPLOYEE!
Check this out!!
- Top Ten Ways to Annoy Your Neighbor
Please be aware that I am not a Social Psychologist nor am I an Anthropologist and am not trained in any form to issue advice. If you have a neighbor that you need to annoy you do so at your own peril. Using...