Joy Stealers: 5 Things That Steal Your Joy
Are you feeling down in the dumps lately? Have you lost your joy? Many people suffering from depression and sadness often feel like they can’t laugh or enjoy life anymore. They feel robbed of any level of joy or happiness. Some even say they can’t remember when the last time was that they laughed.
If you’re feeling this way right now, you need to recognize the things that steal your joy. When you can understand the things that take away your joy in life, you’ll learn how to deal with them to create a more blissful state of mind and life.
1. Anxiety – Anxiety plays an intense role in many adults. Constant worry about bills or financial problems is almost always the thing that brings about anxiety for most people. Curb your anxiety with meditation and prayer. Also consider your diet, as some foods can cause an increase in your level of anxiety as well.
2.Family Strife – Problems in the family will steal your joy every single time. Squabbles with your family members will leech your joy from your soul. Learn how to deal with each situation as it occurs and let it go.
3. Clutter – If there’s one thing that steals joy, it’s a house full of clutter. A messy house leads to anxiety, stress, and tension all the way around. To keep the clutter to a minimum without getting overwhelmed, start organizing one room at a time. Then put each member of your family in charge of keeping a specific area clean and organized.
4. Jealousy – Have you ever been on the receiving end of someone’s jealousy? If so, you probably watched as that person’s attitude and demeanor shifted from being pleasant to rotten. Jealousy will eat away at you from the inside out until you don’t even recognize yourself anymore. If you feel jealous, stop and ask yourself why. Then ask for forgiveness for being jealous. When you do, you’ll feel a load lift and your joy return.
5. Anger – Anger is one of the worst joy-stealers. Seeds of malice sown in your heart will bloom and grow into huge, ugly things. Harsh words spoken in a heated moment can never be taken back. Learn to control your anger and your tongue. Be quick to forgive and your joy won’t suffer.
Remember, nothing can steal your joy unless you allow it to. Be joyful every day!
Find The Joy Anyway
More Articles on Joyful Living
- Do You Have Joy?
A Biblical look at joy.
- How to Have Joy Though Unhappy
I once heard a comedian jest about the idiomatic misuse of words by English speaking people. With tongue in cheek, he spent about fifteen minutes offering some very witty examples. For instance, he pointed out that we call goods transported on the...
- The Secret Of Joy
The secret of joy is not to be found in the life of desire; the secret of joy is in the life of aspiration. The life of desire blinds us and binds us...
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2008 Hope Wilbanks