Google Translator For Animals
Google in a series of releasing its web services like Google Buzz and Google Language Translator has today released Google Translate For Animals which is built on the Android mobile operating system in the form of an Android app for your phone through which you will be able to record your pet's voice and this special Android OPS app enabled animal to human language translator will turn the “bow bow” of your dog, “meow meow” of your cat, and “oink oink” of your pig, and many more animal voices into simple English words so that you would be able to know what your pets are saying and you can better interact with them. You can call this in simple words as Animal Language To Human Language Translator or ALT to HLT. Google says that “we have always been a pet friendly organization at google” and they have proved this by releasing this great web-cellular service through which we will be able to interact with our pets and know what they want and desire. Google translator for animals will also help in taking better care of your animals. This translator will also enhance safety for your pet because you may come to know how your pets are feeling at the time you are interacting with them. Before building this application for android phone, google has done a lot of search and research in the field of animal cognitive linguistics. Google has also worked closely with top language systhesis teams of the world. Hence proved that google in the process of removing all language barriers, has put its first step in the animal to human interaction with taking technology to a higher level. I have called this as a first step by google because google says that “Translate for Animals is an app for Android phones which recognizes and transcribes phrases and words that are very much common to species”. Now let’s find out how this application works on our android phone? Read on…
Introducing Google Translate for Animals - Watch this out - Really Interesting
Buy an android phone at amazon
After going through the tour of Google’s Translate For Animals, I found that:
- A person has to first of all go to the Google's Android’s Market on his android phone and search for “Translate for Animals” to be able to download this application.
- Now in the second step, it says that once you install Translate For Animals’ app, you have to click the “TRANSLATE FOR ANIMALS” application icon from your handset’s main menu.
- Once you have opened up the app, you have to touch the “TRANSLATE FROM” box. Now, you will be able to see that a drop down menu opens up. Now you can choose from here dog, cat, rabbit, bird, hamster, guinea pig, horse, tortoise, sheep, chicken, donkey, and pig.
- Now in the step 4, it says that only English is available currently so you have no choice right now and you have to select English as the choice of language.
- Now is step 5, it says record your animals’ voice in your android phone but first of all make sure that your pet is at ease such that the sound comes without disturbance. Now press the “PRESS TO LISTEN” button to record your animal’s voice as it barks, meows, oinks, etc.
- In the sixth step, it says that wait for the VRS or voice recognition software to check the record pet sounds in the Animal Language Database. This will take a few seconds.
- Now in the seventh step, you will find an English transcript of that translation of whatever your pet has said. If you want to hear what it says in English, press the speaker button to hear the audio version of this translation.
- In eighth step, google says that “It is not Google’s responsibility if you are offended or disappointed by what your chosen animal may say. Also please note, we do not guarantee stimulating conversation”.
Now in the ninth step, you can reward your pet by saying thanks for the conversation.
In the last, there is a Pro Tip, it is written as, “As a general rule, the higher up in food chain your pet is, better a communicator it can be. So if you are after quick witted banter, it is best to select dogs and cats rather than hamsters, rabbits, and guinea pigs.” So this was all about how it works. This is really interesting for all of us. Isn’t it? I think this will indeed help animal or pet lovers in taking better care of their pets by interacting with them. Also it will help in enhancing security for your pets. Now in my next hub, I will discuss what is the financial motive of google behind releasing this new service and will write about it in some great detail.
Bye bye for now. Have a happy conversation with your pet.
I am writing for the 60dc HubChallenge.
More by this Author
A simple and straightforward guide to prevent and treat mouth ulcers. Also read about the the causes, signs, and symptoms.
Are you afraid of driving a standard transmission car? If yes then read this article that I have written especially for beginners who want to kick start driving a standard transmission car. I have provided step by step...
Common questions about gear application on the Royal Enfield 350cc Standard Bike.