How To Do A Placement Advent Calendar
The word "advent" originates from a Latin word meaning "arrival." Celebrate the countdown to Christmas with a folksy Advent calendar created from a repurposed placemat. Fill the darling pockets with candies, notes or other special treats.
What You'll Need
Fabrics and Embellishments:
- Purchased placemat
- Wool Felt (National Nonwovens): Oatmeal and Cottage Red.
- Six-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC): Ecru; Garnet (816).
- Wooden Circles, 1", 24.
- Rusted tin stars, 2", 12.
- Americana Water-based Stain (DecoArt): Chestnut.
- Artificial christmas greenery
- Glitter bird
- Melissa Frances Pale Blue Blank Hanger (Heart and Home)
- Red Gingham ribbon, 7/8", 12" length.
Tools and Supplies:
- Bird Branch Alphabet stamps (Hero Arts)
- Black Pigment ink
- Foam brush
- Lite Steam a Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Embroidery needle
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (Duncan)
- Iron and pressing board.
What To Do:
1. Cut 44 2" squares from Oatmeal felt. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse Cottage Red felt webbing. Cut 12 1 1/2" circles from fused felt. Fuse circles to twelve Oatmeal squares.
2. Use three strands of Ecru floss to blanket stitch edges of red circles to Oatmeal squares. Layer two Oatmeal squares together and blanket stitch edges with three strands of Ecru or Garnet embroidery floss for 24 pockets. Position pockets on a placemat and glue in place.
3. Apply stain to wooden circles. Wipe with paper towels until desired stain is achieved. Stamp numbers 1 through 24 on small circles. Glue wooden circles to rusted tin stars and red felt circles, alternating between numbers.
4. Embellish pacemat as desired with small pieces of greenery and silk flowers. Vut two 6" lengths from ribbon. Fold lengths and sew ends to back of placemat with floss and needle. Place loops onto a hanger.
How to make a Chocolate Advent Calendar
- Make Your Own Advent Calender - Video
Sarah from the face of chelmsford magazine shows how to make your own advent calender using chocolate moulds and advent train from lakeland.. Watch Video about Chocolate,Advent,Calender by Metacafe.com
More by this Author
The fashion of the 1970's was a time when fashion was evolving in many ways. Women at that time had more freedom of wearing what they wanted when they wanted to. Fashion was also spreading around the world and was also...
This is a craft that can be made from materials that happen to be lying around the house. To make a paper cup candle, first gather materials related to the wax, the wick, and the mold. The wax can be melted down from...
Eversince I started learning and reading about Denmark I have been extremetly fascinated by everything the country has to offer from it's beautiful parks, beaches, fods, people, language and of course the places and...