Easy Car Battery Instulation
Fast and Easy Car battery installation
So you go out put your key in the ignition switch and turn it and nothing happens. This car is 10 years old very low millage. I knew that it had to be the battery. So here is the easy steps to replace the battery, most cars are simple to do and require about 20 min time to do. All you need is a few tools.
First let me say that the things to remember is that the battery is an explosion hazard Hydrogen Gas inside and has acid inside of it. So use some caution. If you get acid on your hands wash them right away. Do not get acid in your eye or rinse with water and seek medical help. I have changed many a battery and never had a problem.
Phillips Screw Driver
Set of Sockets with extension
Terminal Cleaners (If Needed)
1. Locate the battery under your hood. See Photo 1. There is a Red terminal and a Black terminal. Remove the black terminal first. It is the negative terminal and is marked with a minus sign on top of the battery. There are 2 types of terminals depending what make of vehicle it is. Some are mounted on top and some are on the side. Always remove this terminal first but replace it LAST. See Photo 2
2. Next remove the Positive terminal it is Red. See Photo 3. Always remove it second and replace it FIRST.
3. Move all wires out of the way see Photo 4
4. Next remove the hold down clamp at the bottom of the battery See Photo 5 See hold down clamp and bolt Photo 6
5. Remove the Battery. By pulling straight up. On this make and model it has a Styrofoam wrap around it from the factory See Photo 7 Remove it and Replace it onto the new Battery.
6. Put the Hold down clamp and bolt on to the New Battery and tighten.
7. Clean the connectors with a wire bush if needed.
8. Replace the Red Battery clamp and tighten. See Photo 8
9. Replace the Black battery Clamp and tighten.
10. Reset the time on you radio and reset stations on Radio. (If Needed)
More by this Author
I hope that this will help you design and build steps on your deck
I hope this step by step instruction helps you with your deck project
i hope that you find these picture's and explanations easy to follow and please read part 2 and 3
No comments yet.