Buy Motorcycle Armor Online
Choosing Motorcycle Armor
No matter what type of rider you are, it's a good idea to have good motorcycle armor. I have a street bike, so I find it near essential to riding to have good armor, but that doesn't mean that that armor isn't a good safety gear for a cruiser or even a mophead.
I prefer the Icon motorcycle armor vest, but there are other options that you may want to consider such as the full body and the shirt armor. The main reason I like the vest is because it's more comfortable and less constricting. I haven't really tried the full sleeve armor, but from what I've heard and read, the Nemeses and TMS body armor are two of the more comfortable brands of full body armor.
Depending on what you're looking for, you can choose what you find is more comfortable, but you want to find good riding armor that has straps for best positioning and adjustment, as well as rubber padding.
Icon Motorcycle Armor
Probably one of the best riding armor gear you can get. I have one of these and it is great in cold weather and just riding around town.
This armor vest fits under your clothes or your can wear it on top. I prefer to wear it on top of my shirt and under a jacket. This is the vest I wore when riding in 40F weather and to Mississippi from Georgia.
- Breathable nylon mesh chassis w/synthetic leather overlays
- Impact absorbing articulated back plastic
- Elastic adjustment straps
- Low-profile to fit under most jackets
- Form-fitting chassis stays in place
- Abrasion resistant slider panels
- Reinforced rubber chest armor
- Impact dispersing molded foam
Nemeses Racing Body Armor
The Nemeses brand is a good brand of motorcycle armor that will help protect your abdomen, arms, and shoulders. Personally, I prefer the vest, but this is a great motorcycle armor piece that you can wear for long trips, racing, and unknown terrain.
- Full upper body protection system that will keep your front, back, elbows and shoulders
- Adjusts to fit your body the way
you like and fits well underneath your MX jersey.
- Perfect for all types of motocross and off-road riders.
- Zip up,
ventilated jacket for comfort.
- Elastic straps for sure positioning.
- Perforated EVA foam impact layer.
- Injected polyethylene armor.
molded plastic spine protection.
- Comes in different sizes.
TMS Motorcycle Full Body Armor
This is probably another one of the better full body armor that you can wear while riding. This armor jacket can be worn by itself or under a regular jacket. The armor pieces are all attached to the mesh shirt for optimum protection.
- Full body armor (back protector, shoulder cups, elbow cups, forearm protector, chest foam)
- Full zipper front closure.
- Adjustable straps throughout the arms and shoulders.
- Removable spine armor with tail protector.
- Wide elastic waist belt with
- Thumb loops keep arm protection in place.
- Made of light weight yet durable stretchable Lycra/mesh net fabric and high impact injection molded plastic.
- Armor comes in sizes ranging from small to XXXL
More by this Author
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
These are some of the issues I had after purchasing my classic mustang. Engine: was not an issue with my 67 mustang fastback. but this is probably an issue with most. I was lucky that my 289 was rebuilt and only had...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...