How to Create Eagerness in Learning Skills and Developing Such Skills, part 1
1. Improve your listening awareness and efficiency
2. Follow verbal and written instructions with ease;
3. Adjust to different working situations easily
4. Cultivate patience and self-discipline
5. Gain self-confidence in doing a certain task.
Effective listening requires you to concentrate, ready to clarify the speaker’s message and poise to deal with the feelings the message is arousing. In short, it demands that you actively listen.
You can improve your listening awareness and efficiency if you follow these guidelines:
1. Increase your listening span
- give the speaker the opportunity to make his point before you speak;
- ask the speaker to repeat or clarify if you don’t get the whole message;
- constantly evaluate your understanding of the message;
- never attempt to interrupt the speaker.
2. Take time to listen
- make the speaker feel that he has enough time to talk freely
3. Give full attention
- show the speaker that you are interested on what he says by listening intently
4. Restate the message
- inhibit yourself from evaluating hastily;
- try to see his point of view or his frame of
5. Don’t overreact to delivery
- never mind the speaker’s mannerisms or
- ask yourself what’s in his message, what you
need to know, and;
- what he can add to your knowledge and
More by this Author
FISH PASTE (BAGOONG) AND FISH SAUCE (PATIS) FROM PANGASINAN, PHILIPPINES. Fish paste (bagoong) and fish sauce (patis) are very popular in our country, Philippines. Some of our native dishes (like pinakbet, dinengdeng...
ACHIEVING COMPETENCE IN PRACTICE CAREER PROFESSIONALISM AND INTEGRATE PERSONAL OBJECTIVES WITH ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS WHAT IS PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT? PERSONALITY Many factors make a person unique in his or her own way....
Filipino workers are considered to be at par best if not the best compared with other workers in the world. They are resourceful, resilient, persistent and consistent. They are persevering and will do what it takes just...