How to Create Eagerness in Learning Skills and Developing Such Skills, part 1
1. Improve your listening awareness and efficiency
2. Follow verbal and written instructions with ease;
3. Adjust to different working situations easily
4. Cultivate patience and self-discipline
5. Gain self-confidence in doing a certain task.
Effective listening requires you to concentrate, ready to clarify the speaker’s message and poise to deal with the feelings the message is arousing. In short, it demands that you actively listen.
You can improve your listening awareness and efficiency if you follow these guidelines:
1. Increase your listening span
- give the speaker the opportunity to make his point before you speak;
- ask the speaker to repeat or clarify if you don’t get the whole message;
- constantly evaluate your understanding of the message;
- never attempt to interrupt the speaker.
2. Take time to listen
- make the speaker feel that he has enough time to talk freely
3. Give full attention
- show the speaker that you are interested on what he says by listening intently
4. Restate the message
- inhibit yourself from evaluating hastily;
- try to see his point of view or his frame of
5. Don’t overreact to delivery
- never mind the speaker’s mannerisms or
- ask yourself what’s in his message, what you
need to know, and;
- what he can add to your knowledge and
More by this Author
INFORMATION SHEET NO. 2 DEVELOPING A PROFESSIONAL GROWTH PLAN A person cannot align his career unless he has aligned his personal life. He knows what he is headed to, what he wants and how to get it. Many people...
Personnel Management is a part of management concerned with people at work and their relations within a firm. The main functions of the personnel manager usually include staff recruitment, training, and welfare. The...
Viruses, are evolving too. The need for a new style in handling your USB drive must also evolve with much improvement. Making your USB DRIVE Virus Resistant is the most effective way to stop viruses