What is the best strategy to get more followers on hubpages?
I have found that some of the best strategies for getting more followers on hubpages are as follows:
- Welcome new members into the community and offer advice. Check out some of the "latest hubbers" as they join and follow the ones whose topics interest you most.
- Newer hubbers might be more likely to follow you if you follow them because you might be just their first or second follower and they would appreciate that. They will be likely to reciprocate by following you.
- More established hubbers might intend to follow those that follow them but among hundreds of followers you might not be seen unless you post fan mail to the established hubber's profile. That alert will let that hubber know more readily that you have joined his/her following.
- If you take the time to follow others generously, many of those people are likely to return the favor. Don't wait for everybody to follow you first.
- When you reach out to others first, they notice you much faster than if you are waiting for them to stumble upon your profile among the thousands of other community members on HubPages.
- Additionally, if another hubber is not active (has not been logged in and has not been working on HubPages for six weeks or more for example), they really will not notice when you followed them whenever they decide to return. Follow the more active hubbers, if you expect to be followed in return.
An active presence
- Engage in the community by taking a sincere interest in the work of others. You can write appreciative comments on other authors' hubs and participate in forum discussions to increase the general visibility of your avatar. Let others know that you are here and if you have good things to say, their curiousity might encourage them to click on your avatar and be led to your profile and hubs. If they see positive things and valuable information in your hubs, they might be sure to follow you.
- Don't focus too much on attaining a following. The more you write and the longer you have an active presence on HubPages (e.g- writing many of your own hubs, commenting on others and participating in forums), the number of followers should increase naturally.
Good luck and most of all, enjoy writing on Hubpages.
More by this Author
Do you like flash mob dances and want to see some of the best ones in action? Look no further....
This hub discusses how to cook turkey wings with a slow cooker. This simple slow cooker recipe for turkey wings yields delicious results.
Delicious meatballs are possible without breadcrumbs! Whether you don't eat breadcrumbs or none are readily available, try this recipe plus a savory tomato sauce garnished with parsley and spices.