Year 2013: Looking through the next twelve months ahead
Full of Hope
After the much anticipated ‘End of the World’ prophecies last year 2012, the year 2013 is but another next twelve months to look forward to.
Plans, resolutions and other unfinished businesses are part of the agenda an individual must meticulously think and do. Any mistakes should be corrected and whatever alteration must be reconciled.
Everyone must be a perfectionist, in the sense that we are competing with ourselves in order to make our best be recognized by larger crowd or audience.
Take for instance, here on HubPages, questions that are mushrooming at the Forum always point to one’s expectations of the year to come.
With that signal, I had to alter my course in order to be part of more lucrative deeds that will benefit my family.
My priorities this year
Speaking of priorities, I’m not only thinking of generating money this year but also considering trimming down on my voyages via my contract as a seafarer.
Factors that can hinder my personal plans as God’s Hands are already working in our family are the following:
- Health – My ailing mother who was just confined at the local hospital before Christmas prompted me to shorten my contract and decided to resign from my job as a traveling seaman. Most of my sisters are already married and my only living brother is also working overseas. This is a very loud call for me to give back to the one who brought me into this world, even though at first, she attempted to abort me due to the pressure of a growing family during that time. At least I was able to enjoy the light of this world and still grateful that I am able to show my mother that her revelation about my life would be able to bring me into some successes that made her and my father proud.
- DIY Projects – With the high costs of construction materials, I decided to scout for reusable ones as I want to repair worn-out parts of our home. Since, all of us are working, nobody is left at home except my deaf-mute eldest sister who also need close attention and assistance for her medication.
- Vegetarianism – This is connected with the failing health of my mother. God is always gracious as He sent one believer who promotes meatless dishes on board ship. I want to extend this help in pursuing my mother to eat more vegetables and meatless dishes in order to recuperate from the threat that can cost her life soon. Since, I am self-declared ‘green thumb’ I well double time generating local produce that can help prolong the life of my mom.
- Reunion – Hosting an alumni homecoming at my high school Alma Mater is a tedious task that needs concentration and dedication. I’m going to be part of this grand task this year, as I was the governor of our batch. The commitment and logistics are needed to make the homecoming a success.
New Year's Resolution: Stories, Tips and Music
I don’t need to add hubbing as one of my priorities this year, because it is already given that my resolutions rely heavily on being published at this site.
I am grateful that whatever ideas that popped up in my mind are woven into hubs showcasing optimism.
Yes, it must and will be my goal this year…OPTIMISM.
I really needed that kind of motivation.
I don’t need to lose hope, just because my mother is in dire need of delicate attention.
I already hollered this plan to one of my sisters. Guess what she replied?
“It’s your decision.”
So, I’m going to be alone with my plans. No, I think Unseen Hands of the Almighty will always help me in times of need.
I need clear and steadfast decision.
That’s what He had given me.
Year 2013 Memorabilia
What other hubbers say about Year 2013
- Key HR Goals and Objectives 2013
The world economy does not improve as it was planned. The year 2013 will be difficult and all companies and organizations will be under a pressure. They will be pushed to cut costs, increase its efficiency, productivity and performance. The...
- 10 Inspirational Quotes For The New Year 2013
I have a huge obsession with quotes. Quotes are a beautiful way to express what you're trying to say, through someone else's writing. I went on a mad search trying to find New Years quotes, but I was having a hard time finding good ones. I decided...
- Chinese New Year 2013: Year of the Snake
Celebrate the Chinese Year of the Snake starting February 10, 2013 and find out about the Zodiac characteristics of people born during the year.
More by this Author
Jessica Cox, the first-ever female armless pilot Jessica Cox, driving her car using her feet The first week of December ,as the Advent season opens, is dedicated to all handicapped, in all forms (armless, no feet at...
Water Bonsai is the latest fad in home gardening. The beautiful twist is that you can grow the saplings of your choice inside your home due to a technology initiated by a Filipino inventor, Edwin dela Torre.
What an amazing feat for this woman that I had known for just a short while. Doing a One-Woman Exhibit and Fashion Show this 2012 will be a grand task for her, but she's taking it by stride. All recycled materials...