jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

A Few More Fields in My Profile

1. 0
    newsworthyposted 7 years ago

Hi fellow posters,

Does anyone seem to think that a few more fields in *my profile* would be a good idea?  For instance, another photo field or video field.

I'm making my way around hp a little more each day but would like more room to hang my credits.  Not that I have a wall full of diplomas or anything....

and maybe this is a premature suggestion.

In addition to photo, I want to add a .gif file of a button that credits me as a published memoirist.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And the reason you can't just write you are a published memoirist is....?

2. 0

Oh no reason at all why I cant type it in, I just kinda thought since a profile should promote a hubber, that something colorful would add more pizzaz then typed words - sort of like billboards do to sell stuff.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You could create a colorful graphic and put in on your myspace page, or any other website where you promote your hubs.  ProCW has some good ideas on graphics.

3. 0

Yeh. Perhaps a writer who masters veterinary wants to post his/her profile w-photo and the other photo could be labeled [my dog], or [my cat(s)]...and so on.  Unless they have other pets.

Or, perhaps a connoisseur wants to insert his objects of passion

Color buttons and graphics sound cool!

4. ilovehubbing profile image59
    ilovehubbingposted 7 years ago

As long as it does not include music like myspace, that can become a little tiresome.

1. Princessa profile image87
      Princessaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yes, no music please, it is extremely annoying to load a page with all this music that you don't even like! It puts me right off !!

5. 0

Right-o.  Business cards with logos and pictures have no sound.

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If you build a hub about yourself, you then have all the content tools at your disposal.  But I don't think the profile pages need all the bells and whistles that a Hub has.

7. 0

It was only a suggestion for the suggestion forum.

I suppose because of the 10+ yrs of marketing/sales under my belt, ideas for selling yourself come natural.  Or maybe its because my father was in sales for 30+ years; as was my aunt, my uncle, my cousins, my grandmother and my brother. 

Or maybe its because my girlfriend Judy sells real estate and fuel for an oil company.

Ive heard you are what you eat.  I kinda thought setting the table with a few cloth napkins makes it more appealing, thats all -- no biggie.