jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

High Scores Verses Readership

1. pennylu profile image60
    pennyluposted 3 years ago

Is it worth the high score hubpages gives an article if no one is reading your articles?  This is my problem and I'm trying to understand how it all works.  I notice some hubs receive a lot of readership and comments, but aren't necessarily high scoring.  It's a conundrum.

2. Caleb Melvern profile image90
    Caleb Melvernposted 3 years ago

Traffic should be your priority. My hubs on this account have fairly high scores but on my other account, most of my hubs are in the 70+ range yet they are performing better traffic-wise. I suggest you focus on increasing traffic to your hubs and don't bother with aiming for high hub score.

3. misslong123 profile image92
    misslong123posted 3 years ago via iphone

I think both are important but serve different purposes. Scores help raise your author score which to me shows you are credible. If you are working here mostly to make money focus on traffic as your top priority.

1. Caleb Melvern profile image90
      Caleb Melvernposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A higher author score doesn't make one more credible in the same way a high hub score doesn't make a hub necessarily better.

2. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I beg to differ.Scores reflect how closely you follow the HP prescribed format and word count of a hub.Credibility is a whole other subject.
      The primary reason I've remained a member of HP is to hub hop and I've read many hubs written by very high author score hubbers that reflected very poorly on their credibility.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

HubScores mean NOTHING outside of your opinion of them, as you are the only human who sees them.

1. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Probably has some influence on placement on topic pages.

1. electronician profile image91
        electronicianposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you are right about that. High hubscore might not affect search engine traffic and the like, but I think it means more traffic from hubpages itself.

1. Will Apse profile image91
          Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Pages that appear highly placed on topic pages are commonly copied. I would rather not have them at all.

5. pennylu profile image60
    pennyluposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the input.  It helps.  I'm not real savvy about getting traffic to my hubs so maybe that's what I need to work on.

working