jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

What font is the hubpages logo? Can we use different fonts in our hub?

1. itsaetos profile image59
    itsaetosposted 2 years ago via iphone

Does anyone know what font is the hubpages logo written in? And I really want to know if I can use different fonts in my hubs. Is that possible?

Thanks.

1. Writer Fox profile image76
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The font size for Hubs is set by HubPages and cannot be changed. If you want a different effect, you have to put your text in a graphic and upload it as a photo.

itsaetosposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi itsaetos,

The HubPages logo is in our own special font that was created for us by our designer. You can't change the font on your Hubs (we do this on purpose to give readers a consistent experience across the site), but you can use different sized headings within your text capsules, in case you want to further organize information under your subheadings:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8810996_f260.jpg

Thank you very much for your assistance!

2. rainsanmartin profile image90
    rainsanmartinposted 2 years ago

True the font type does not appear to be editable, however you are able to edit your HTML code. Also the "font size" can be selected under the "format" option within the text capsule, though limited in options.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

How do you edit HTML code to change the font size on HP?

If HTML works then you have use styles to change the font. Google 'change font in HTML' and you'll get it. HTML, by default has very less fonts though.

2. Writer Fox profile image76
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can't.

1. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering what she was talking about and looking forward to her answer....lol

3. rainsanmartin profile image90
    rainsanmartinposted 2 years ago

True it appears a <font> tag is not allowed in the HubPages HTML editor.  Therefore  only a few size variations are available. Here is an excerpt from the HTML Source Editor:

"Allowed Tags: a, blockquote, br, strong, em, u, h2, h3, h4, li, ol, p, pre, sup, sub, ul
    word wrap"

4. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 2 years ago

As Christy said, the HubPages logo was created by our designer, James Edmondson (Paul's brother and my brother-in-law.)  smile  It's not a font you could use because it's not a complete typeface, i.e., he didn't create the entire alphabet of letters.  You should check out James's website for all of his fonts.  He's amazing!  He's getting his Masters in Type in the Netherlands right now.

1. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I looked thru the  link....pretty cool ("amazing") stuff. Thanks for sharing it!

1. Robin profile image
        Robinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

He's pretty amazing.  I've seen his Wisdom Script used a lot, e.g, the last time we went to In n Out!  The HubPages logo was one of his first.  smile

2. itsaetos profile image59

Thank you for the info! He has some really good fonts!

working