jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Using book quotes in your reviewing hubs.

1. yasminanderson profile image60
    yasminandersonposted 2 years ago

Hiya guys,

I was just wondering about the use of quotes in book review hubs? I'm currently in the process of writing my next hub but there's this part that words simply cannot describe and I'd love to quote it. It would probably only be 1 sentence.

However, I don't know what the policy is for quoting books and on the help pages it's just kinda vague answers about using content and I don't particularly want to get in trouble :')

If anyone knows or could help that would be absolutely fantastic!

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have one book review Hub and I used many quotes from the book: 'The Shepherd of the Hills Book'

2. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Quoting within hubs is a practice I use especially with essays. Definitely quotations marks are a must. Then attributing the source directly to the original author or work. The least the better some say using quotes, however if it is a quote . . . then it is a quote. With a book review its seems both logical and practical to quote the book. Simply following the quote with this format (Source, author, and  year of copyright) does suffice. As little as (Author, Year of copyright or Publication) can be used. Yet more can be used. A bibliography is another method using superscript notations. A guide is either the MLA format or APA format(s) for citations and quoting.

2. yasminanderson profile image60
    yasminandersonposted 2 years ago

Thanks to both of you, it's nice to know that I can do that.

Also, thanks for the info  on citing! smile