Hardcore GNU/Linux distro and Hubpages - Do they mix for you?

1. TaviWrites profile image61
    TaviWritesposted 2 years ago

I love free software and I think that I am able to work with trisquel here on hubpages. The only problem is that I am not able to properly log into my pintrest account. I need that pintrest account to post up small resolution pictures that I take with my 2 megapixel phone. I am so depressed because I have to install windows on my dads PC and use it just for pintrests sake. I do not like that windows software because of the huge lag and virus attacks on every corner but has everyone managed to use linux on hubpages? I mean a totally free version of linux. I am not talking about ubuntu and stuff but you are welcomed to comment on this subject even if you use ubuntu or other distros with non-free software.

2. ronbergeron profile image92
    ronbergeronposted 2 years ago

I use Fedora (currently version 20 64-bit) and don't have any issues logging in to Pinterest. I write my Hubs using LibreOffice and then copy/paste them into HubPages.

The only thing I use Windows for at home is Photoshop. Even then, I do most small photo retouching tasks with GIMP and save Photoshop for more complicated things.

1. TaviWrites profile image61
      TaviWritesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That is cool. For some reason I have noticed that Ubuntu based distros work great with older models of the Intel Celeron. I think that the main issue is with the drivers. I have installed zorin on my dads machine and it seems to run hubpages and pintrest pretty smoothly. I am glad that I am not the only hubber with a passion for gnu/linux.

working