Hardcore GNU/Linux distro and Hubpages - Do they mix for you?

1. TaviWrites profile image60
    TaviWritesposted 23 months ago

I love free software and I think that I am able to work with trisquel here on hubpages. The only problem is that I am not able to properly log into my pintrest account. I need that pintrest account to post up small resolution pictures that I take with my 2 megapixel phone. I am so depressed because I have to install windows on my dads PC and use it just for pintrests sake. I do not like that windows software because of the huge lag and virus attacks on every corner but has everyone managed to use linux on hubpages? I mean a totally free version of linux. I am not talking about ubuntu and stuff but you are welcomed to comment on this subject even if you use ubuntu or other distros with non-free software.

2. ronbergeron profile image93
    ronbergeronposted 23 months ago

I use Fedora (currently version 20 64-bit) and don't have any issues logging in to Pinterest. I write my Hubs using LibreOffice and then copy/paste them into HubPages.

The only thing I use Windows for at home is Photoshop. Even then, I do most small photo retouching tasks with GIMP and save Photoshop for more complicated things.

1. TaviWrites profile image60
      TaviWritesposted 23 months ago in reply to this

That is cool. For some reason I have noticed that Ubuntu based distros work great with older models of the Intel Celeron. I think that the main issue is with the drivers. I have installed zorin on my dads machine and it seems to run hubpages and pintrest pretty smoothly. I am glad that I am not the only hubber with a passion for gnu/linux.