jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Does turning adds off effect page rank of a Hub?

1. alikhan3 profile image89
    alikhan3posted 2 years ago

Today I turned ads off on a few off my poor performing hubs with the assumption that It will increase their page ranking in Google due to a decrease in on page links.
    Is that really going to effect page ranks of hubs?

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Google PageRank only has to do with incoming links (backlinks).  So, ad links on a Hub have nothing to do with PageRank.

If you are talking about a Hub's ranking on search engine results pages, the number and placement of ads does have an effect.  But, since all Hubs have the same number and placement of ads (except for affiliate links and Amazon/eBay capsules inserted by authors), turning off HP ads is not going to affect your Hub's SERP rankings.

1. alikhan3 profile image89
        alikhan3posted 2 years ago in reply to this

ThankYou for the reply ..... I was wondering if some more experienced hubber could advice on it and you did the job

2. paradigm search profile image59
      paradigm searchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Great minds think alike. I am also in the process of conducting the same experiment. At my last count, there are 28 ad links per hub. I consider it astounding that HP gets away with that, not that I'm complaining. By my turning off some of the ads, my subdomain has less ads per capita than everyone else. Thus, my subdomain should be more loved. I started this experiment at the beginning of February; so far, no additional love.

1. KarenHC profile image87
        KarenHCposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Keep us updated!   If you do start to see an uptick in traffic, a lot more of us would turn off the ads too.  Since my Hubpage ad program earnings are so low, I wouldn't be losing much if I did turn them off, but more traffic could mean more sales.

2. alikhan3 profile image89

Great to see that you are also trying the same .... so keep us updated ...... and lets see what happens .....

3. alikhan3 profile image89

So far their has been no significant effect of removing ads so I am enabling them again.

3. peachpurple profile image76
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Nope nothing to do with page ranks but you should losing money

working