jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Requesting feedback for a low scoring hub..

1. AVailuu profile image85
    AVailuuposted 22 months ago

My hub titled, "Bacteria: the Good, the Bad, and the Resistant!" has a hubscore of 69.  Although it is quite short, only 701 words, I made sure to saturate the hub with content. It's organized, and proof read for grammatical errors. Please, let me know what you think, and I welcome constructive criticism with open arms!

http://availuu.hubpages.com/hub/Microbial-Resistance

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Overall your hub is pretty good and I see nothing wrong with the length.  I would however suggest making things easier for the reader.  Right up front say what the hub is about and what questions it will answer.  Your first heading is "are bacteria to blame?" but neither there nor in the next paragraph do you say: to blame for what? Then end with some solid conclusions and a take home method.  Your hub is the bit in the middle--but lacks the question and the conclusion.

AVailuuposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I hadn't thought about that! I completely left off the conclusion. Thank you, I'll correct that. smile

2. colorfulone profile image86
    colorfuloneposted 22 months ago

I just added about 50 words to a hub yesterday that had a score of 64 with 1200+ words, and today it is a 73.

701 words is a short hub. Perhaps it would help to raise the word count.

3. calculus-geometry profile image85
    calculus-geometryposted 22 months ago

"Short" and "long" depend on the topic and the format. Many how-to hubs can answer their central question in 700 words or less, but informational hubs covering extremely broad topics such as bacterial resistance need way more than that.  In general, you can't out-compete sites like Wikipedia for broad topics.  It's better to focus on more specific aspects. For example you could focus on

* the newest antibiotics that have been developed to kill bacteria that are resistant the usual antibiotics

* how humans created the epidemic of antibiotic resistant bacteria in the first place

* history of antibiotic development

I'm not a microbiologist, so I don't know how broad those are either, but they are more specific than what you have so far.

Thank you, I'll work on narrowing down the topic so that it's not so generalized.

4. colorfulone profile image86
    colorfuloneposted 22 months ago

Adding as many correct facts as you can over time will help the hub get a higher score from Google when the fact checking bots come along to find information to add to (edited) or checks against Google's Knowledge Vault. Think futuristic! 

What will it do for the hubscore? It cannot hurt.

Thank you for the feedback. I will be working to improve the word count and the quality of information.

working