jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Help! New Hub ~

1. Rafini profile image80
    Rafiniposted 16 months ago

Hi everyone!  How are you?

I haven't published a new hub in a long, long time, so I thought maybe now would be a good idea, but, HubPages has changed!  Wow!  Anyway,

I'm not really looking to improve my hub, but am instead looking to ensure my hub stays out of the rejection pile.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions, or is it 'acceptable' as is?  Thanks!

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I think you have picked the wrong Topic category.  What you have written is a short story.  Try changing the Topic to:
      Books, Literature, and Writing»Commercial and Creative Writing»Creative Writing»Short Stories

2. erorantes profile image31
    erorantesposted 16 months ago

I read your hub. You have a creative mind. There are many people who love dolls. I am sure. You are going to have some audience reading your article. My favorite doll is the witch. I like dolls too. The doll reminds me of magic. I love magic. Good luck with your hub.

3. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 16 months ago

Awww, I remember having those troll dolls as a kid about 50 years ago!

HP has never been terribly welcoming to creatives, but it's worse than ever now.

If you can find a way to stuff in a video, poll and other "engagement" magnets, it might help.

4. Rafini profile image80
    Rafiniposted 16 months ago

Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it!