jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What will happen to my Hubpages account if I deactivate my mail-id?

1. ashishnikumbh profile image80
    ashishnikumbhposted 22 months ago

Hello fellow hubbers,

I am fairly new to Hubpages. I have created this account using a mail-id that I want to deactivate now. I have now linked my Facebook account with Hubpages. My question is, if I deactivate my email account (with which I registered on HubPages), will I lose access to my account even if my Facebook account remain activated? Or will I be still able to access my account on HubPages by signing in with Facebook?

Waiting for your answers.

Thank You!

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 22 months ago in reply to this

GOTO your profile then Account Settings. There you will see a window for your email. It will show your present email address and can be changed. It will state it has been verified, so I would think if changed it will have to go through a verification process.

Unsure of an email address being a requirement. I simply do not remember.  Also, I am unsure about signing into your account using Facebook.

UPDATE I just signed off and easily signed in using the Facebook option. So, one would think that option is available. Again, I cannot remember if an Active Email Address is a requirement for a HubPages account.

ashishnikumbhposted 22 months ago in reply to this

That was helpful. Thank you so much for replying.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 22 months ago

Without a valid email account associated with your Hub account you can not receive payments or notices direct from HubPages that your account may have a problem.

Accounts where admin cannot contact the owner and there is no user activity for a year may now be entirely unpublished by admin.  This is a new feature added over this last year.

ashishnikumbhposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Relache for answering. Well I mitigated all risks by changing my email id altogether. I am still learning the trades here. smile

working