jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Hub Feedback

1. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image85
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 12 months ago

I'd like feedback on my hub: 30 Reasons why I love the Cayman Islands
    Thanks, in advance.
    Gina

2. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 12 months ago

This is a great family album of your vacation. But I don't think it's what you intended as a hub if you hope to make money from organic traffic.

You need to stay focused on what you promised the reader in the title. Nothing more. So, even though those pictures are wonderful, I think it would help to remove anything that is too personal and does not provide useful information to a reader who is actually looking for answers.

Keep an eye on your stats "view duration"  to see if people are leaving early. Right now they probably are because they have to get half way through just to start getting what your title promised. Most people will leave if they don't get instant gratification. That how it is with the internet. People are always in a rush. We have to write with that in mind.

In addition, you need to make sure your hub displays well on a mobile device. Most search traffic is from smart phones these days. So view your hub in mobile view by going into edit and clicking the view mobile view tab on top. You will notice right away that many of your pictures that you placed in the right column don't line up in the proper place with the associated text. Fix this and then review it again in mobile view to be sure you got it right.

Hope that helps.

1. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image85
      Gina Welds-Hulseposted 12 months ago in reply to this

That you so much, Glenn.  That helps very much, actually.  I appreciate you taking the time to evaluate my hub.

I do have one question:

Where do you go to "view duration" to determine when and if people are leaving the hub early?  Where are those, statistics found?

Gina

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
        Glenn Stokposted 12 months ago in reply to this

To see the view duration go to your hub and click the stats tab on top. Then under the overview tab you will see the view duration, among other important metrics. 

It's also useful to check out the referrers and search phrases that people use to end up discovering your hub. I always use this information to maintain my old hubs to achieve better search results.

3. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image85
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 12 months ago

Thanks, Glenn. That is very helpful information. I appreciate it.

working