jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Pinterest

1. HoneyBB profile image87
    HoneyBBposted 2 months ago

Is it okay to pin our ads to our pinterest boards? I just pinned about 6 of my articles to a board in Pinterest and they automatically went on my facebook page. Should I leave it like it is or should I take them off? I'm not sure if doing this will look like spam.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

By 'ads', you mean hubs, yes?

Yes, it's fine to pin your hubs. In fact it is a good thing to do and I don't do it enough hmm

2. HoneyBB profile image87
    HoneyBBposted 2 months ago

Thanks, yes hubs I meant...thanks so much, I was worried I did etching I shouldnt

1. Bedbugabscond profile image90
      Bedbugabscondposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Pinterest rocks. There is a whole thread about this and a great hub about this. I get regular traffic from Pinterest. It is not tons, but it is consistent. Manage your boards wisely, and I am sure this will help you get traffic.

HoneyBBposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, What do you mean manage boards wisely? I've had Pinterest for a long time but only just started using it because when I started it years ago I forgot my password and never took the time to go redo it until yesterday...lol.  I'm not really sure what it's all about yet...

1. Bedbugabscond profile image90
          Bedbugabscondposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Pinterest wants to deliver the most relevant content to its users. The Pinterest smart feed uses an algorithm to decide what a user will see in real-time feed. That is partially why timing matters.

Lets say I have a board titled Cleaning. The board has 50 followers. When I make a new post, there is a chance that my content will show in real-time on those users feeds. They may not just look at the one pin, but they might look at other pins, too.

Eventually someone clicks through and makes it to my article.

Create topic spesific boards, and categorize similar content together. This organization will send better signals to the algorithm that controls the smart-feed.

HoneyBBposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks again, those are great tips!  I'll be sure to start managing my board.

working