jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Removing Adsense Ads On One Of My Pages

1. Dangazzm profile image66
    Dangazzmposted 7 years ago

I want to use HUB pages to promote A GPT site that I really like. Clearly this is against the Google Adsense TOS so I want to simply remove it and continue to post my page... I can't figure out how to do this though, I unchecked that it comply s with Google's TOS yet it still warns me that it might be against Google's TOS, I don't want to get in trouble so I need some help getting my page to actually work!

Thanks in advanced.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you wish to have outgoing links to a commercial site, you can't disable Google AdSense, that's a HubPages rule.  So what you are proposing won't work no matter how you try to do it.

2. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I do believe you can uncheck the box that says "this hub may be considered commercial" to keep ads off your hub.

3. Dangazzm profile image66

Shoot, didn't even think of that... I thought that meant "release it to the public" tongue I will feel like a fool if it works.

4. Dangazzm profile image66

Nope still doesn't work, I am not linking to anything malicious but it says that I can't link to one or more of the sites in my page and won't let me publish and says to click Done Editing and read the warning at the top which states it may violate Googles TOS.

I have all of the boxes unchecked (even Kontera) and have ads set to None. Anyone have any ideas?

5. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

hmm...what exactly are you linking to? Is it a site that contains google ads? Did you read the warning? It may tell you the problem

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure if it's against Adsense TOS that it is also against HubPages TOS.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is correct.  You can disable ads for non-commercial hubs, but they must still comply with the AdSense TOS.